Back at work

Lexy was soon able to get back to work. She was happy that she could since she had been doing nothing for days and it was driving her crazy. Her new friends and Jen had come to visit her to help cheer her up. Woods came every day. Lexy had noticed that she was opening up more and felt really comfortable and at home with her new friends. Something she hadn't felt around anyone in a VERY long time. As she got ready for a quick shower her phone was going off with texts from everyone wishing her a good day at work and that if she needs anything to give a call. She smiled at the helpfulness of her friends. After she got in the shower she put on a striped crop top with a jean button up shirt over top with black pants and black converse. She went to the bathroom and did a natural makeup look and braided the top part of her hair.

She grabbed her backpack and headed out to the living room

She grabbed her backpack and headed out to the living room. Nat had to work early that morning so Lexy just made herself cinnamon toast and got a glass of chocolate milk. She quickly finished her breakfast and then headed out the door. When she got to her car she texted Christie and Jen letting them know she was on her way in. As she drove her thoughts kept wandering back to Kent and where he had disappeared to.

Lexy's POV
Where could he be? How has he evaded the police this long? Will he show up again? Oh gosh I really shouldn't be thinking about this. It certainly isn't helping any. Think of happier things. Like your new, amazing friends!!
She blushed a little when Woods popped into her mind. She was still trying to convince herself that it was okay to have feelings for someone. She got lost in thought a lot and was almost always thinking about him. Heck, she even had dreams of them getting together in the future! She blushed even harder when she thought about it. Who was she kidding, he probably doesn't think  of her the same way. But then again, why else would he show up every day and text her quite often throughout the day? Oh whatever, he's just being friendly and wanting to make sure she was okay. As she pulled into the parking lot she saw that Jen had already arrived and unlocked the door. She walked in and saw Jen working behind the counter getting ready for the day. Even as Lexy was walking up to the counter she could tell she was acting strange. "Morning Jen. How are you?" She asked casually. Jen looked up from what she was doing. "Morning Lex. I'm doing good. Did you sleep good last night?" Lexy tried not to show her concern. Jen was acting wat more chill and even a little tense. She's never like this. She's always chatting your ear off and bouncing around like she had an energy drink. "Yeah. I slept fine. Is everything okay Jen? You seem tired or something?" Jen's head snapped up. "Yeah I'm fine!!" She said to quickly to convince Lexy. "Are you sure?" Jen nodded her head. "Yup! Everything's fine here!" Lexy shook her head. She had a bad feeling but she didn't know why. She hung her stuff up and put on her apron. As she was helping Jen get ready customers started showing up. Paul and Tanner had dropped by to pick up some coffees for the studio. There was a steady stream of customers up until lunch time. When the last customers had walked out the door a horrible feeling crept over Lexy and she couldn't help but feel that something bad was going to happen. She texted Nat and told her what she was feeling. Nat was just as co fused but told Lexy to keep her updated and let her know if anything happens. Jen took off her apron. "I'm going to go on lunch break. Want me to get you anything?" She asked Lexy. Lexy shook her head. "No thanks. I'll get something later." As she looked up she saw someone walk out of the back room holding a gun. "You're not going anywhere Jen. Nice try though." Fear shot across Lexy and Jen's face. Lexy's phone was in her lap so she dialed 911 without him knowing. "What are you doing here Kent?" Lext asked. She could faintly hear from her phone "911 what's your emergency?" She put it on speaker hoping they wouldn't say anything else. Lexy quickly said "Why did you come back here? You know the police are looking for you. You're risking a lot to come back here." Kent chuckled. "That may be true but until you're dead I'm not stopping at anything. Now you're going to do as I say understood? I won't hesitate to shoot either of you." Lexy hoped the person on the other end could hear what was transpiring. "You 2, there." Kent pointed to the back room. They walked inside. "Jen, if you would be so kind as to give me the keys." Kent held out his hand. Jen toon the keys to the storage room out of her pocket and handed them to him shakily. "Thank you. Now, you're going to sit on the floor and not move until I lock this door. Then you can move as much as you like, until the  roof caves in at least." He laughed maniacally as he walked backwards and shut the door. They heard the key turn in the lock. Little did they know that he was preparing to start a fire.

Kent's POV
I locked the girls in the storage room and then grabbed by backpack from behind the counter. I ran to the front door locked it and put up the closed for lunch sign. I'd prefer it if there weren't many casualties. I grabbed out the stick of dynamite and set it on a table. I ran outside to the back using the side door and grabbed the can of gasoline. I ran back inside and poured it all over the counters and floor. I then grabbed the matches and lit the stick. I set it kn the floor away from the gas so I could get away. I tossed the match at the gas. It quickly lit. I ran out the side door and walked up and around to Arby's to watch it all play out. This was going to be great!!

Lexy's POV
What is he going to do? What does he mean by until the roof caves in? I do not have a good feeling about this at all!  911! I need to see if they're still on the phone!
She looked at her phone and saw they were still on call.
"Hello? Are you still there?" She asked.

"I'm here. My name is Henry. I have officers on the way. Could you tell me your name and where you are?"

"My name is Alexis Carmichael and I'm at Coffee Express. My friend Jennifer Forester is here with me."

"Okay Alexis and Jennifer, are you outside the building?"

"No. We're locked in the storage room. Kent Brown is responsible."

"I heard it all. Do you know what he was meaning by 'until the roof caves in'?

"No. Not at all. I'm a little worried. Is there a way you could get ahold of a couple of my friends so they know before the news or anything?"

"I will do what I can Alexis. What are their names and numbers?"

"Natalie Pearson and Woodland Demars. Their numbers are ********** and **********."

"Okay. I have someone getting ahold of them now."

At that moment there was an explosion and the girls flew backwards. Jen hit her head and was knocked out. Lexy was just dazed.

"Hello!! Alexis talk to me! What just happened?"

Lexy picked up her phone and looked at the door that had been blown off it's hinges by the blast.

"There was an explosion of some sort. Everything is on fire, my friend is out cold, and the door was blown off it's hinges."

"I have an ambulance and firefighters on the way. Don't worry Alexis, they will be there soon!"

By this time the smoke was getting thick. Lexy was having trouble breathing. She soon heard glass shattering and someone calling out their names. As she started losing consciousness from lack of air she called out "We're back here!!" then darkness overtook her.