Chapter 8 Mission

Chapter 8 Mission

The very next morning, Aoi woke up early and saw Big Oaf sitting on the floor shivering because there was no blanket and the floor is cold. Aoi remembered that she forgot to give him some pillows and blankets last night. Now she felt guilty.

Big Oaf opened his eyes and jumped up quickly when he saw her awake but then curled up because of suddenly straightening his stiff muscles.

She laughed at his silliness and pulled him closer to her, she made him seat on the floor, his back facing her.

[Heal] Aoi used Heal. Healing magic can heal anything and this is also good for stiff muscles, it soothes the stiff muscles.

"Does it still hurt?" He just shakes his head "Hahah... why are you so foolish as to sleep on the floor knowing its cold."

"There is nowhere to sleep other than the floor." Oaf said like its the most obvious thing in the world, he stood up and looked at her.

"The bed is big." Aoi teased.

"I can't sleep on the bed!" Aoi could see Oafs ears turning red from embarrassment because of what she said.

'He's shy...'

"There are spare pillows and blankets in the cabinet."

"I... I did not get permission to use it." Oaf looked down as he fidgeted on his spot unable to look at her.

"Sigh... I'm going to tell you this just once so listen carefully. You are mine so you can use what's mine also. You either burn it or use it I don't care as long as it is useful for you. You can walk sideways as long as you follow me, and as long as you follow me no one can touch you or punish you in the name of the law or whatever because I'm the only one who is allowed to punish you. But I will only do that if you've done things that were my bottom-line. And as long as you follow and will only be loyal to me I will never treat you unfairly. You got it right? You can do anything you want as long as you like it. You can be unrestrained in everything and it's also okay if you won't talk to me formally just talk to me like a friend. I bought you in a slave market but you are not my slave, you are my subordinate." As she speak, Aoi canceled the slave contract which shock him. "I won't restrain your freedom, your life is yours to live. Understand?"

"I understand. By the way my name is Big Oaf."

"Saki Aoi. Call me Aoi but in front of others call me Blaire." Aoi smiled when finally, Oaf is slowly opening to her even just a little bit.

"Nice to meet you Aoi!" Oaf beamed, his eyes even cleared up as he smiles.

"Nice to meet you, Oaf." Aoi gave him a warm smile.

'Such a simple child, too trusting for his own good.'

Not long after they checked out of the inn, they proceeded to where her first mission will be.

Mission

Kill 1000 Goblins (There are Goblins terrorizing a village near the Evinus Kingdom. Hero, save the people!)

"Lady Aoi, where are we going?" Oaf asked, his blue hair being mercilessly blown by the wind.

Aoi also made Oaf change his appearance so he can walk freely with no people judging him for being a demon kin and also so no hunters will be chasing them. Oaf is now wearing Rank Rare equipments for Warriors which she gave him, it was one of her thousands of collection when she was still practicing smithing.

"We're going to a village near Evinus Kingdom." Aoi said to Oaf as they trek the rocky path.

"Ylenol Village?" Oaf asked.

Aoi was about to answer when she suddenly heard familiar voices, quickly she stop and hid and listen.

"This is killing me! Let's rest for a while!"