Chapter one - The Start of the Middle Story

Each of the names means something in this. The names give hints.
———————
I open my eyes to be met with limited vision and endless hunger. I reach up to face only to meet with feathers were my hand was supposed to be or maybe It was always like this? Try to think back in the past but I all I am met with a hideous headache and my stomach growling. I look around the room I'm with the vision I can see. The dimly lit room was lit by two candles.the flames chased shadows on the lower parts of the room. They sat next to each on a dresser across from the bed I'm lying In.  And small round table stands in the middle of the room. Next to the bed is a mirror.

I tried my best to get up as walk over to the mirror. My feet feel stiff as I walk over resting half of my body on the wall for support as it felt a lot light then before, or was I always this weight? My footsteps sound off Angest the stone tiled floor. When I got to mirror I saw someone I didn't recognize. Was that me? I can't remember what I look like. Upon my head a saw bandage wrapped tightly against my left side blocking the vision on the side. Light freckles dot my face with my jade green eyes filled with Curiosity. My hair was a light brown and was long curly. It went past my shoulders and ended were my elbows connected the feathered wings to my upper arms, the lower arm nonexistent. The wing were the same color as my hair, light brown, with a little red mix into it. A black dress cover the rest of my body until my legs... my legs are long and stiff. It reminded my of a, what's it called against, birb? Yes, I think that's what it's called. bird's legs. I kept looking at this reflection for what seemed like hours.

"oh good! You're awake!"

The sweet voice startled me as turned around to see the door that I didn't even seen before wide open with a ...person? Or whatever I was, she was too. She was wearing a white and Maroon uniform. Her hair autumn pulled into a messy bun. Her wings were redder than mine. Her eyes a bright yellow.

"I just came to drop off your uniform." She motioned to coped uniform folded in her arms/wings?. " but since you're up I should introduce myself. My name is fýlla, pleasure to meet you!" She gives a quick and graceful bow. I tried to introduce myself but no sound came out of my mouth. Did I even know my name? What's was even my name?

"oh! So your voice is still very shot still! I'm sorry didn't realize that" she apologized with another bow. " can you tell- I mean show me how you feel at the moment?" She asked, head tilting to the side. I think for a moment. How do I feel at the moment? I feel confused, and sad? Why am I feeling sad? Why can't I remember! But the feeling that I feel the most is... hunger. Hunger to dig my teeth into a meat of some sort. I can't place what I'm craving exactly, but craving something...

I try to make a circling Motion over my stomach with one of my wings (hands? I don't know). She gave me a quick nod of understanding. "All right! I'll go get you some food! You should get some more sell anyways" She turns heel and walks to the door. Turns her head back to look at me and with a smile she says

"Sleep well, Nefrítis."