Four

I've been in the lab with Tony and Bruce

I've been in the lab with Tony and Bruce. Tony... he's not very much the serious type. And if he was, you wouldn't tell. Bruce has been doing his work on the glowing staff as Tony studied me since he practically knows nothing about me. He even commented me such as a,

Ginger horn. A sexy ginger horn to be exact. It was awfully uncomfortable and I wanted to leave immediately. Maybe throw a scream at him before I do.

Because he's annoyingly playful, he zaps Bruce on his hip making him scream, but nothing too crazy where he turns into a gigantic, angry, green beast. Steve seemed to catch that and bust in scowling Tony on the act, but tony is quick to switch up on the topic and turn it around to Nick Fury.

"What isn't he telling us?" Tony asks as I slip off the metal cold table and adjust myself on my feet. Steve glances at me and then back to Tony, "I can't do the equation unless I have all the variables."

"You think Fury's hiding something?" Steve asks.

"He's a spy. Captain, he's the spy. His secrets have secrets. It's bugging him too, isn't it?" Tony stuffs raisins in his mouth and we all turn to Bruce who seems to not want to be involved into the conversation.

"Uhh... I just want to finish my work here, and..." he trails off not even wanting to make eye contact with any of us.

"Doctor?" Steve says. Bruce stops his work and finally faces us as he takes off his glasses.

"'A warm light for all mankind'. Loki's jab at Fury about the cube." Bruce begins seeming to agree with Tony's assumption.

"I heard it." Steve says.

"Well, I think that was meant for you." Bruce says referring to Tony which we all seem to turn to. Tony pulls out his bag of raisins for Bruce and he digs in to them, "Even if Barton didn't tell Loki about the tower, it was still over the news."

"The Stark tower? That big, ugly.. building in New York." Tony gives Steve an unpleased look making me snort. I wouldn't say it's an ugly tower, it's more of something I wouldn't pick out as a building design.

"It's powered by an arc reactor, a self-sustaining energy source. That building will run itself for, what, a year?" Bruce stuffs a raisin in his mouth.

"It's just the prototype. I'm kind of the only name in clean energy right now. That's what he's getting at." Tony adds on, but Steve doesn't care for his words.

"So, why didn't S.H.I.E.L.D. bring him in on the tesseract project? What are they doing in the energy business in the first place?" Bruce asks. This whole talk leaves me left out, as if I shouldn't even be here. I yawn and notice how late it is; I sleep around this time.

"Interesting question, but just because there's a cube with infinity energy source, doesn't mean our energy ain't precious. I'm going to sleep." I butt in as I brush the top of hair with my fingers. I see tony jump his eyebrows and I completely ignore the fact that he did. Bruce gives me a quick glance with a smile before he looks down at the glowing staff.