Ch.6 ~ Ankles and Promises

"Wake up Kota!" My best friend's yell in my ear.
Can't a girl sleep for Christ sakes?

They've been calling my name for around half an hour but I just can't find the energy to get up.
My comfortable bed will miss me too much.

"Hmm." I hum, pulling the blanket up to my shoulders.
Just as I do so, it's thrown onto the floor. My head flies up, finding the guilty person.

All three of them raise their hands in surrender.
I chuckle, eventually getting out of the bed.
The girls follow me in suit.

"Why didn't we try that earlier, dumb ass'!" Stella whisper/shouts. I chuckle, entering the living room/kitchen room.

"Good morning sleeping beauty." A familiar voice speaks.
I whip my head around to the small kitchen bench.

"When... What... Oh my god. I'm going to get ready." I say giving up.
Did he stay the night? I don't even know I'm pretty sure I feel asleep in the car ride home.

I quickly get changed, changing into a pair of black jeans, a white tank top with a bow imprinted on it and throwing my hair up into a messy bun.

While I walk down the hallway I can faintly hear the girls talking with Jackson.
I enter, not giving away my presence yet.
Their all on the couch, looking at our map on the large coffee table.

"So if you really want to find her dad, I suggest going here as it's closer and not here because that's just back tracking." Jackson suggests.
I instantly frown. Did they tell him why we're here?
Idiots.

"That's actually so smart, Cayla why the hell didn't you think of that?" Emma laughs, elbowing Cayla in the ribs.
She doesn't reply.

"You should join us." Cayla jokes, then turns serious.

"Actually, you should. We've obviously planned this out all wrong and we have no idea what's happening from here on out." Cayla continues.

Taking another step, I bang my small toe on the bench chair. I squeal in pain, falling on my bum, rolling my ankle in the process and grabbing my foot. Tears start to well up in my eyes, ready to flow freely.

Jackson jumps up from the couch, running over to me a confused and surprised Cayla, Stella and Emma following too.

"What happened?" He worries, lifting me up and carrying me to the couch.

"I r-ran into the c-chair and r-rolled -my a-ankle." I cry, wiping my eyes trying to stop the years.
A light chuckle escapes his lips.

"Girls could you please go ask for some ice from the lobby for me." He asks, turning around to my best friends. They nod, all running out the hotel room door.

"You'll be okay." He reassures looking me in the eyes, gently rubbing his thumb over the ankle bone.

"I'll try not to hurt you too much, okay?" He asks. I nod, clenching my eyes closed.

"If I do this, does it hurt?" He asks. A second later, he puts pressure on the nerves, ligaments and tendents around my ankle bone. I cry out in pain, more tears falling.

"I'll take that as a yes." He chuckles.

"What about this?" He wonders, pressing his thumb against the actual bone.
Louder, I cry out a squeal taking my foot out of his grip.

I didn't want him to put anymore pressure on it.

"Sorry." He apologises.
I shrug, placing my hand over my right ankle.

"It's not broken but I'm pretty sure it's a moderate sprain." He frowns.

"I'd like you to join us." I whisper after a few seconds of silence.