𝟏𝟑. Sickness

Leah leaned over Draco's lap to breathe on the windowpane and draw pictures in the mist.

"Cut it out." Draco slapped her hand away and pushed her off him.

"Vallll! Draco hit me!"

"Oh?" Valentine didn't bother to look over at them. "Should I give him a gold star now or later?"

"Liaammm!" Leah turned to him next.

Adjacent to them in the compartment, Liam threw up his hands in surrender.

"I reject any and all responsibilities in these proceedings."

"Huh?" Leah grimaced.

"He said no." Valentine clarified.

"That's not fair!"

"Life's not fair."

"Doesn't anyone care about my feelings!" Leah exclaimed with a dramatic slump.

The compartment door slid open and Blaze shuffled inside.

"Already started have we?" He asked Liam as he sat.

"I just want to be loved!"

"It would appear so," Liam grumbled.

"Stop screaming in my ear would you?" Draco nudged her with his elbow. "You get to see Olivia later. Save your crazy for her."

"Oh, man, that poor girl." Blaze nodded solemnly.

"But I don't want to wait! I want to see her now!" Leah demanded.

Draco dug a hand in his pocket and grabbed a handful of coins. He tossed them into Leah's lap dismissively.

"Here. Go find the trolley lady." He told her. "And make sure you get me something."

Leah scooped up the money with a scowl.

"I'm not doing this to admit defeat," She said. "I'm doing this because sugar is my greatest ally."

Leah turned her nose up at him and headed out into the corridor.

"So," Liam watched her go for a minute and then turned to look at Valentine and Draco. "How was the rest of your holiday?"

"Awful," Draco replied immediately. "Leah was around practically every day."

"You say that as though she didn't always do that." Said Valentine, not paying too much attention to the conversation.

"She was annoying then and she's annoying now." Draco sniffed and wiped away Leah's artwork from the window.

"I honestly don't know how you've stayed sane." Said Blaze.

"I'm sure she'll calm down a little once she gets to see Olivia again," Liam added reassuringly. "She wrote me a three-page letter about how much she missed her. It would be almost cute if she didn't do it once per day."

"Leah doesn't exactly grasp the concept of moderation." Valentine shrugged.

"Enough about that spaz," Blaze rolled his eyes. "I'm almost afraid to ask, but how did you like the books?"

Valentine blinked. Well, now she had to pay attention.

"I read Liam's first." She sat straighter. "It was actually quite interesting. Malfoy Manor's library is fairly substantial but it's non-fiction titles lean more towards Dark Art's then magical creatures."

"Uh." Liam swallowed. "So, you liked it then?"

"That's what I said." Valentine huffed.

"What about mine?" Blaze asked, seemingly a touch more nervous now.