Dance Wars

"There can only be one winner" Mina calls from the platform.

"You are all here for one reason,one major TV show. Competing for the title. People from all around the world are tuning in their televisions to watch this competition."

Abby nods at us,signalling for us to listen.
"When we blow the whistle, you can go to your studios"

We stand in front of a big stage, surrounded by a series of dance studios, which have been built specially for the competition. I look around at our competition. Most of the groups are from other countries, so I can't recognise the signs outside the studios. There is one studio I can see well. Candy Apples Dance Centre. I look over to see Cathy with her dance group, munching her way through a bag or corn chips. Abby watches her hungrily

A loud whistle interrupts my thoughts. Abby calls for us to follow her into our studio. The moms sit down and watch us as abby does the pyramid.

"Abby why are we doing a pyramid still?" Mom says.

"It's my way of laying things out" Abby answers surprisingly calmly.

"Bottom of the pyramid, Paige"

I feel sorry for Paige, and I don't know why she's at the bottom either. At our last competition a few weeks back she won her duet with me and came second in solos, because Maddie won.

"Next we have Nia"

Nia's face falls.She was the star of our group dance last competition,and we came first. Abby looks at us and nods,then goes back to the pyramid.

"Then..." The paper flips over.
"Kenzie" Kenzie nods, she didn't do any solos, and she was not a main part in the group dance, but she still did well.

"Third place we have Brooke"

"Second place Maddie"

"First place Chloe Well Done"

I'm pleased to be on top of the pyramid. Now we have to get to work.
Abby wants me and Maddie to do a duet,Brooke and Paige to do a duet and Kenzie and Nia have a solo.

"There will be no group dance" She says.

First up, Paige and Brooke practice their duet.

It's pretty much Brooke doing one move and Paige copying. Then near the end, Brooke falls to the ground, and Paige does a mini solo on her own that looks better then when she was copying Brooke. The meaning of the dance is to be yourself.

Next Nia is called up to do run through her dance. She does heaps of beautiful turns and leaps across the stage quite a bit. She finishes with a pose.

"We will have you in a white feathery costume Nia" Abby tells her and then calls for Maddie and I.

It starts out crouched on the ground and we slowly stand up, reaching our hands up to the sky. Then we do some turns. Abby talks to us while we go through the routine.

"Think like a flower opening up,we will have you in flower looking costume..." She stops. A growling comes from outside, some loud bangs. Then, an air peircjbg scream.

"I knew this was a bad idea" Muttered Abby.

Then someone bursts through the doors and a weird smelling gas is released into the room. I breathe in and gasp, falling to the ground, fainted.