Night in the Woods

It was so cold and dark yet so warm and bright. I was confused at where I was and why I was there. As I looked around analyzing my surroundings, It appeared I had wandered into a labyrinth like forest. I then looked up at the moon in awe as I admired its beautifully bright yet gentle beams of light as they made my ghostly pale face glow like a lone star in the night sky. With skin so smooth and soft yet so cold as if it were ice, I closed my eyes and held out my arms as if trying to embrace the warm moonlight that shined down on me.

When I opened my eyes I saw a path through the trees, illuminated by moonlight, leading to somewhere I did not know, yet I still walk the path that would take me to somewhere unknown deep inside the forest. As I walked I noticed magical little particles floating about and surrounding me, then lighting the way down the path. I also noticed that the moonlight seemed to be shining on me as if it were a spotlight, it almost felt as if the moon was watching over me to keep me safe, but from what? I reached the end of the path surprised to find a beautiful secret mystical garden. In the very center of the garden was a lake that stretched as far as the eye could see and reflected the moonlight making it a sight so breathtaking, it was hard to believe it was real.

All of a sudden the magical particles formed a small path towards the lake. Instinctively, I followed the path and sat at the edge of the water and without thinking, I looked at my reflection expecting to see a girl with long dirty blonde hair that flowed in the breeze, dark brown eyes full of curiosity and wonder, and a face full of confusion with a mouth ready to ask question after question, longing eagerly to be answered. To my surprise, that was not the girl that was looking back at me. Instead, there was a girl with long blue hair with a streak of red in her bangs, her left eye was a dark brown like mine but her right was dark blue, her eyes seemed tired and heavy as though she hadn't slept in days, months, maybe even years. She was covered in wounds and scars but only one stood out from the rest. She had a claw mark slashed across over her right eye that looked fresh as if she had just gotten into a fight with a wolf or a bear.

As I looked closer, I noticed her eyes had crescents in them and that there was not a single hint of emotion shown in her eyes, they where completely dull and lifeless. After examining her eyes a little more, I saw something twitch at the top of her head and when I looked I was shocked to see a pair of wolf ears poking out of the top of her head. I then noticed her tail behind her poking over her shoulder, swaying from side to side. After a few moments of being in shock, I realized that if the girl I saw was a reflection then I was the girl! As soon as that came to mind, I immediately checked my reflection again to make sure I wasn't seeing things, and sure enough I saw the same girl staring right back at me.

In disbelief, I stood up and backed away from the lake unsure of what was going and what had happened to me. As I backed up, I suddenly heard a branch snap behind me followed by a rusuling in the bushes. I turned around as fast as I could to see a big black wolf with bright golden eyes jumping out at me. I quickly dogged and moved a few feet away from the wolf making sure I was out of reach. I stood there in a fight or flight stance and looked straight into the eyes of the wolf and for some reason I felt as if he was trying to tell me something.

After a few moments, I decided to relax a bit by standing up straight, keeping my hands in tight fists, ready to punch the next thing that came at me but not once did I take my eyes off of the black wolf. The wolf had noticed I had relax a bit and tried taking a few steps closer but I backed away as he did so. The wolf quickly figured out my guard was up high so he sat down and waited for me to go to him instead. I understood this gesture as a sign of peace and decided to slowly make my way over to him, being as cautious as possible. I was soon in reach off the wolf and held out my hand to let him recognize my sent to ensure I apose no threat towards him.

After he got my sent, he nuzzled my hand with his snout telling me I was allowed to pet him. I hesitated but then began to pet him and to my surprise his fur was extremely soft and silky smooth. After a little while of spending time together, I became friends with the wolf and named him Shadow, we would do everything together. One night, when we had just finished hunting, I decided to lay down and take a nap and Shadow layed down with me but when I woke, instead of my wolf friend, there was a boy about the same age as me with ears and a tail that looked just like mine but black. I got up and jumped back away from the boy not knowing who he was and wondering where Shadow had gone off to.

Hello, Blue here, this is the first time i have written a story if mine since I'm mainly a story teller not a writer😅. I hope you enjoy this first part if my story and I will try and update as soon as possible so please be patient with me. Thank you! Blue out✌💙