Prologue Part 1

If someone asked Bristol what she hated the most about being a princess, she would for sure say the parties. Unlike the fun dancing and talking to fellow teenage peers, the kingdom of Domino's was very boring. Most of the guests were either way younger or older, so instead of socializing, Bristol rested against a wall, watching as couples danced... ugh... classical music. She wished there was at least a choice to not come, yet this celebration was important enough for the whole royal family to appear. It was the twenty-fifth anniversary of Domino's revival. Her parents had to come since they were the reason for the kingdom's return, and if they were going, Bristol would be dragged there. And dragged she was,

Bristol could admit the party wasn't awfully dull. The orchestra was talented in their delicate craft, but she preferred music she could dance freely to, like pop or rock music. She wished Musa and her daughter Mavis were here. They would make this party rock with their music.

On the dance floor, Bristol could see her parents and her aunt Daphne and Uncle Thoren walking up to the center and begin their slow dance. Of course, its mandatory for royalty to dance, especially if they are the King and Queen of Domino.

After a few more years of ruling, Oritel and Marion, Bristol's grandparents, decided to abdicate from the throne and have Daphne and Thoren succeed. It was a rough transition, but after a few weeks, the citizens loved their new king and queen, almost as much as their predecessors.

Bristol could remember the memories when she visited Domino. Playing hide and seek with her nieces and nephews was her favorite thing to do while there. Being children at the time was so simple and fun, complicated emotions such as jealousy and depression didn't cloud her mind. There were times Bristol wished she could go back and appreciate the past more, even though its wishful thinking at this point.

Shaking her head, Bristol snapped out of her thoughts. She knew it was bad to go back down that sad rabbit hole, still it's a tough task to follow. Mainly due to the way her life has turned.

"Princess, are you alright?"

Bristol turned and was surprised to see her personal guard, Elda.

Even though, Elda had been in Bristol's life for years, she can still intimidate her. Elda's fierce, brown eyes contrasted with her long, scarlet hair. Her armor shimmered silver under the large, diamond chandeliers. She stood nearly six feet tall, in which helped her scare anyone in her path.

"Princess, are you alright?" She repeated. Her stern and deep voice echoed in Bristol's ear.

"I'm okay Elda." She sighed. "I've just been thinking."

Elda's armor made a clank noise against the wall as she leaned against it. "Parties are for having fun. Why not go dance?"

Bristol chuckled. She would ask Elda the same thing, except she want not willing was not willing to make Elda angry. "If the music wasn't so slow, I would, but balls are usually like this."

"Well, my princess, you can still dance with your family. It's better than standing here alone."

"I know Elda," Bristol said annoyed. "And quit calling me princess, it's too formal."

"Understood, Ms. Bristol."

This just annoyed her more. Elda and her have been together for more than a decade. They weren't friends, more like business partners. Elda protects her, and, as payment, the kingdom of Eraklyon would give her the expenses to live a stable life- well as stable as a warrior can have. Bristol didn't decide to have their relationship remain like this; in fact, she tried many unsuccessful attempts to bond with her. Rarely any emotions passed through Elda's closed off personality and extreme loyalty to her duties.