The ground beneath our feet

It didn't take Chizome long to wrangle his unofficial sidekick back into their home, and the teenager pulled his mask down and took off his hood.

"Aki.... Are you mad at me?"

Chizome sighed, reaching out to ruffle Izuku's hair, "You know I'll never be mad with you, Zuku. I want you to be able to live a normal life; your quirklessness protects you from the laws when you fight villains, but once you fight a hero, you can be considered a villain. I don't want you to ruin your life."

Izuku pouted, but remained quiet. Chizome pushed him towards the bathroom, "Come on, go clean up, I'll make dinner."

Izuku just laughed, "Can we have something other than instant ramen? We've had that for three days in a row."

"That's because you haven't done the damned grocery shopping, squirt." Chizome snorted, "Just take the damned shower, Zuku."

------------------------

"He's a child?" Kayama gasped.

"A teenager, to be exact, but yeah." Aizawa shrugged, "There are no records of Secretary fighting heroes, but he's good. He knows how to move his body, and he is capable of doing so. No offence, Vlad King, but he doesn't fight like all the clowns in your first year class."

"None taken," Kan sighed. His first year class, as well as Aizawa's former class that he had expelled, were, to be completely honest, novices. They had picked up some things over the course of the year, but their improvement was miniscule at best.

It was rare that Aizawa took an interest in someone, and that usually meant that this vigilante, Secretary, was the real deal.

"He's considered Stain's sidekick, right? But they've never fought together." Ishiyama pointed out.

"Well... Stain's rather protective of him.. Stain uses his quirk to paralyse people, putting him on the wrong side of the law. He specifically mentioned that Secretary wouldn't get in trouble for vigilantism with his fighting style. That probably means that he isn't reliant on his quirk to fight, and finds ways to work around villains who are using their own quirks." Yamada pointed out.

Nezu leaned back into his chair, and Aizawa looked away from the mammal. He did not like that glint in Nezu's eyes.

Nezu was interested in this kid.

------------------------

Shit, Chizome cursed, as he chanced upon Kamui Woods and Ingenium after he had kicked the asses of three villains.

He and Izuku had spotted a group of villains, and had gone after them. Much to their dismay, they had split up into two groups, forcing the vigilante duo to split up in order to take them down.

It wasn't even himself that he was worried about. Chizome was certain that he was capable of evading both Ingenium and Kamui Woods. The problem was, that there were two more heroes, and Izuku would have to be the ones to deal with them.

Chizome knew that the kid was strong, despite being quirkless. Heck, with Izuku's analytical mind, he just had to be at an average fitness to be able to escape any situation. Izuku was also physically strong, and fast to boot.

But Chizome couldn't help but worry about him. When Chizome had first found Izuku, the poor boy was just eight years old. The poor boy was struggling against a couple of child traffickers, and Chizome had been lucky enough to arrive just in time to rescue him. Izuku had been half starving to death, covered in burns, and Chizome wasn't heartless enough to just let him be abandoned again.