Moving In

After about a month and a half of deep cleaning, deodorizing, repairing, and moving household items, the house was ready to move into. It didn't smell nearly as bad, the rotted wood and old blood smell replaced by the smell of sweet apples. The wood of the house was replaced, but the floorboards still squeaked when you walked across them and the walls still groaned. It was sort of decent one would say. Vanessa and Mingi walk into the den of the house and sat on the sofa. Vanessa grabs a book she was currently reading and opened it to the page at which she left off. Everyone that knew her seen her as the badass teenage rebel that always wore biker jackets, lip rings, tongue rings, black clothes, and chains that was scared of nothing. But truly she was just a big softie that loved to play video games, read books, cuddle with her stuffed animals and even other people. She was always misunderstood as a child and looked over. The only time she was noticed was when she was doing something wrong, so she just started to change her style of clothing, her attitude, dye her hair, and get piercings. Mingi was pretty much the only person that knew the playful side of her, along with his parents and a few other friends. It pained him that she changed herself because of her family. He had always noticed her though. Every little detail. How her hair was really frizzy when she woke up. How she had a hard time holding in her laughter. How she named every stuffed animal. How she would slowly lean into his chest to cuddle. How she always slept with a small lamp on at her bedside. How she always smelled like lavender after her showers. Every little thing that no one else bothered to see. Vanessa finished her book and put it down only to see that Mingi had been watching her with a smile on his lips. "What?" she asked him, snapping him back to reality. "Hu- Oh! Umm nothing I just remembered some things about our childhood." he brushed it off. She let out a little "Ah" and then walked to her room, putting the book in its place on the bookshelf. Grabbing a teddy bear, she walks back into the den and sits on Mingi's lap, cuddling into his chest with the bear between them. He wraps his arms around her waist and holds her close, resting his chin on her head. Not long after, he heard soft snores.