Chapter 24

Rex's pov

After krells says what his decision is, I didn't agree with him on his word.

"General krell, I respectfully request you reconsider court-martaling Gamora, fives and Jesse."

Krell looks out the window "the actions of commander wise, ARC troopers 555 and CT-5597 were clear act of treachery and disregarded for my command of punishment isn't swift their defiance may inspire others to follow suit."

"Sir, the men are with you. It's just that some of them feel your putting their lives in danger needlessly"

"All the more reason to send a clear message that I am in charge and insubordination will not be tolerated. The truth is, commander wise and these clones have had a difficult time respecting my command since the beginning. I've seen it before. Some clones are just defective they aren't able to succumb to authority. And as for wise I've read her history at a young age she was a troubled child, now grew up as a master Jedi at a young age and still breaks rules. You're right captain I don't think I can court martial then it will only be a wast of time. And that's something we don't have. I'm afraid they'll need to be disposed of" I glance at him in shock "prepare a squad for execution"

This can't be happening "what? But sir—"

"You Heard me captain have it done immediately before I do it myself, stating with commander wise"  he orders. I do want to do this to them. But I must obey orders.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I got the to cells to visit Gamora, fives and Jesse and tell them the news I hate to tell the people I care about. They looked at me wantin the know what I'm gonna say.

"I'm sorry, General krell has ordered your execution immediately"

"What? But how?" Jessie asked me in disbelief "he can't do this."

"He has authority to render punishment during combat." I told him.

"I can understand a court-martial and locking up up in the brig, but executing us?" Fives asked

"I've tried to convince him that's its my fault, but he wouldn't let me"

"Rex," I turned to face Gamora who looked calm "you have to face it. He's been using you. He need your loyalty to control the others."

I sighed "he also told me rumours that you have been working with the separatists."

Her eyes widened "what? I would would never join them and you know it"

I nodded as I backed up and opened the cella's the guards take  "i won't let him get away with this"

"Don't beat yourself up about it" fives spoke "We made our choice, we kne what the price was"

"Speak for yourself"

Fives chuckled at Jesse "still got your sense of humour I see"

"Who said I was joking?"

"Well. I guess this is it then" Gamora sighs.

"Yeah" fives looks at her "Gamora, our of all the jedis I know about, you are by far the best one I have ever met and I'm proud to say you have been a loyal friend too.if we die, I want you to meet me at the shooting rally I'll challenge you to a shoot off."

"You have been a loyal friend too fives. I bet Echo, Hevy and 99 are greatful to have friends like you too." she bumps his shoulder. Then looked at me "and Rex,remember the time I told about the stars" I nodded "I want to to look at one of them and think of it as my soul, so you'll know I'll be watching over you no matter what."