Chapter 9

I was just finishing tying my tie when Izzy walked in. I smiled as I see her appearance. She's wearing a light green dress and has a flower in her hair, and I'm no makeup expert, but I'd say it looks perfect.

"Hey dad. Are you almost ready?" she asked. I nodded and she hugged me, sensing my nerves. "It will be fine, I promise. You're going to do great."

"Thanks Izzy. You look great. Let me guess: Momo is here and did your makeup?"

"Yeah. She's teaching me how to do it."

I smiled and took Izzy's hand, leading her out of the room. "We should get going. Wouldn't want to keep everyone waiting now would we?"

~Flashback~

"What do you need to tell me?" I asked.

Toshi came closer and kissed me. "Well.... You and I both know that there's no telling how long I'll be around.... So I was thinking," he said, leaning into me and whispering in my ear. "How about we get married as soon as the kids are better?"

Now it was my turn to kiss him. It lasted for a few seconds before our lips parted and I answered, "I'd love to. But if that's the case, we best start planning my hero."

He smirked. "Of course my king."

~End of Flashback~

I followed Izzy into the room where everyone was waiting. All of the UA students and staff are here, along with all of the other police officers I work with. I smiled as I walked up to the alter and stood next to Toshi.

About ten minutes later and we finished our vows... Almost.

"I do," Toshinori said, answering the question.

"I do," I said. My eyes were tearing up, and I did my best not to cry. Thankfully it worked.

"You know what this means, boys. You are now married. Hero, you may kiss the cop."

Toshi smiled before kissing me, and halfway through the kiss, he went from his strong form to his week form. "How about we go celebrate, my dearest husband?"

"I'd love nothing more," I said.

And so the celebration went on. We made our toasts, ate, and then partied and danced for what seemed like hours. And really it was. The celebration didn't end until three in the morning. And by then most of the kids looked like zombies, yet they were still dancing and talking and having fun. I smiled as I saw just how close Izzy had become with everyone.

"That's your daughter," Toshi whispered in my ear.

"Not my daughter. Our daughter."