Chapter 20

*Long chapter ahead folks :) *

3rd person

Harry and Ron walked down the stairs towards the ball,

"Leave it alone," Harry says slapping Ron's hand away as he fiddled with his hideous dress robes.

"Poor kid, bet she's alone in her room crying her eyes out," Ron sighed

"Who?" Harry asked

"Hermione of course. Come on Harry, why'd you think she wouldn't tell us who she's coming with?" Ron replied.

"Because we'd take the mickey out of her if she did," Harry said.

"Because nobody asked her. I would have taken her myself if she weren't so bleeding proud," Ron explained as they approached the Patil twins.

"Hello, boys. Don't you look..." Pavarti trailed off looking at Ron

"Dashing," She ended.

"Here you are, Potter. Are you and Miss Patil ready?" Professor McGonagall came rushing over to Harry.

"Ready Professor?" Harry asked confused.

"To dance. It's traditional that the three champions or in this case four are the first to dance. Surely I told you that," She replied quickly. Harry shook his head

"No,"

"Oh well, now you know. Oh, as for your Mr Weasley you may proceed into the great hall with Miss Patil," McGonagall added looking towards Ron and his date. They sighed and headed into the ballroom leaving Harry and Pavarti by the stairs. Hermione poked her head around the corner and nervously bit her lip before smiling and heading gracefully down the stairs, her pink gown swishing effortlessly as she walked.

"She looks beautiful," Pavarti gasped as she watched Hermione. Harry turned around

"Yeah she does," He agreed, as Hermione reached the bottom of the stairs and curtsied to Krum who kissed her hand. She then giggled as she walked past them and gave them a small wave before entering the ballroom. Draco then walked over to her

"Granger, is Aurora coming down soon?"

"Yeah, she just forgot something she was right behind me," Hermione replied giving him a small smile and walking away. Draco let out a nervous breath and headed over to the stairs where Harry was.

"Malfoy," He greeted.

"Potter," Draco said back.

"Be nice you two," A voice said from behind them on the stairs, they both turned around to watch as Aurora made her way down. Draco's breath caught in his throat as he watched her descend, she blushed and smiled at him once she was at the bottom.

Aurora's POV

"Be nice you two," I said as I watched Draco and Harry, they both turned to see me and Harry smiled at me. I then looked to Draco who had his mouth open in surprise, I smiled and blushed at him once I reached them.

"Hi Harry," I said

"Hi, you look really pretty," He smiled.

"Thanks," I grinned. I then turned to Draco

"You alright?" I asked laughing at him

"Uh um yeah.." He finally choked out.

"Ready to go in?" He asked holding out his arm. I nodded and linked my arm with his.

"Be careful with her Malfoy," Harry said before we left. Draco looked back at him and nodded.

"Promise," He said smiling at me. Once we were in the ballroom I looked in wonder at the beautiful icy blue room.