3.

Cameron

As I locked my door, I saw the girl from the other night entering hers. She noticed me looking at her and stopped. We said nothing but she glanced at my foot and walked into her house.

She was real pretty, but she didn't look a day over eighteen and I'm twenty-two. Not that I wanted her, she was just cute. She had a nice body and I always had a thing for a woman who could stay in shape. I also always had a thing for shorter girls. 

I thought she was strange. She always seems to leave when I do and we have these weird staring matches with each other. I also noticed that when she returns, its with weird items.

She'll buy a bag of chips, and a sponge. What type of weird shit?

I somehow always found myself staring at her and she continues to catch me in the act. I probably come off as a pervert, but it's not even the case. I'm utterly intrigued by her quietness.

She was never neighborly to begin with. She helped me once and then started to ignore my existence. I mean people in apartment buildings don't usually always converse and talk to each other, but she had talked to me before, so why couldn't she make an effort now, not that I even wanted her to.

I made my way down the hall and got into the elevator.

My thoughts traveled back to Chanel.

She should have never came over. She's my weakness and I'm hers. That's why we broke up. My mama always warned me that she was going to be toxic.

My mom didn't hate her, she was always nice to her; but she saw what she did to me.

She saw how she made me act; She saw how she made me change. Have you ever been extremely happy and extremely sad at the same time? Probably not, but I have.

If me and her wouldn't have broken up, I would have lost my basketball contract. We don't know how to help each other. No doubt, I love her. We're just not meant to be together in a physical sense.

Friends? maybe if we stop having sex every time we run into each other.

I'm surprised she stopped it last time, she usually was the one who wanted it. She must have a new nigga but I won't trip. If I wanted her back all I needed to do was snap my fingers. That girl was more confused than she realized.

That's exactly why I never tripped over her ending things.

After I came back from my doctors appointment a crashed on my long comfortable couch. I remember when I hated this couch and now it's been my bed for the last week. I like sleeping on it better because I can elevate my leg up on the arm of the couch. It's comfortable.

I ran threw some reruns of Fresh Prince and Martin before my eyes slowly began to lower and eventually gave in.

-

"Cam, get up man!" A felt a light slap to my cheek and my eyes opened. Devin was standing over me next to Tj with a bag in his hand. "Food." He said lifting it a little.

Once I got up and did my daily hygiene, I made my way into my kitchen where Tj was staring at Dev with a amused smile.

Devin was tearing into a plate of breakfast like he'd never ate before. He reminded me of Cookie Monster from Sesame Street. Who's been starving this nigga?

"When's the last time you ate nigga?!" Tj asked making me burst out in laughter.

"Y'all always hating on a skinny ass nigga." He mumbled.

He looked up and almost choked. "What have you been doing? Nigga you look horrible." He said with a chuckle.

I sucked my teeth. "Fuck up, I don't go out a lot. I hope I heal fast; I hate sitting on my ass like this." He nodded.