Tacenda

Word count: 4.5k words
Genre: Short story

Summary: Harrison looked at Tom's face. His sleepy tired pretty evil face. He wanted to grab it and punch it. Or do something completely opposite and then die.

 Or do something completely opposite and then die

(Written in Harrison's POV)

There are some things that aren't said but are still not supposed to be done, like forgetting about the night out with your best mate after not seeing each other properly for months. I should have put the date on my calendar but Nah! I was fucking over-confident! The director himself asked me that he was flexible with the re-shooting schedule but I, Harrison Osterfield chose this particular day for the re-shoots. Over-confident bastard, I am.

I didn't count how many times I cursed under my breath when I saw the message notifications from Tom timed three hours ago.

6 UNREAD MESSAGES FROM TOM.
~ 3 hours ago

Tom(8:45pm)
>>I m here for an hour?

Tom(9:16pm)
>>Where r u?

Tom(10:04pm)
>>R u still going with the plan?

Tom(10:10pm)
>>The food is cold as hell.

Tom(10:10pm)
>>Although hell is all lava

Tom(10:12pm)
>>But where r u?

How could I forget about the divs night out? We were both busy with our horribly busy shooting/press tour/photoshoot/meeting etc. schedules. But today was the day we had decided to finally spend a best friends night together, eat something good, visit a good bar et cetera et cetera.

But I was over-confident about my memory to remember dates. Haha.

I don't think it's smart to reply to those messages right now. Also, I am too tired and worn-out of thinking about any possible excuse. So, I simply drove to my house where we were supposed to meet.

Hope Tom won't be angry at me.

No.

Tom should be angry at me!

Because when he's not angry with me, he's sad. And definitely sad or upset is the last thing I want him to be, especially me being the reason.

Which friend would like to see his best friend sad, anyway?

I unlocked the door of my house and tip-toed to the living room. I still prayed that Tom would be busy watching YouTube or something and wouldn't realise the time. I am a hopelessly hopeful individual. Well, I didn't coin the word 'Hopelessly hopeful', Tom did. He called me that once, couldn't agree with him more though.