Chapter 4

Thor came back in to see Loki still on the ground; their to be prisoner was nowhere in sight. “What happened? Where is she?”

            “Gone.” Loki replied as he finally stood up.

            Thor dropped the chains that were now useless and started walking back to the infirmary to check on Jane, he motioned for Loki to follow him, when they got to empty blood covered room Loki turned to glare at him.

            “What happened here? Our friends were guarding this place with the best warriors!”

            Movement caught his eye and Fandral emerged from some of the rubble while displaying a new cut on his face. “Their leader was here along with a Kursed… we couldn’t do anything to stop them.”

            “And Jane?” Thor asked as he glanced around for her body.

            “They took her.”

            “No!” Thunder rumbled outside as Thor’s frustration rose within him.

            “Did anyone but you survive this attack? Where are our other friends?” Loki cut in.

            Fandral looked down. “I’m not sure about Lady Sif… I lost her during the battle. Hogan… well you’ll never find his body, and Volstagg…”

            He pointed towards a bloodied figure lying on the ground across the room and Loki swiftly turned to leave. “Go tell Heimdall to open the Bifrost, Thor and I are going after Malekith.”

            “You can’t be serious!” Fandral exclaimed. “Asgard is defenseless as it is and now you, our king, and Thor, our best fighting, are leaving to go fight? We barely held our own and now only two of you are going to fight an army!”

            “Yes. And no one is going to stop us.” Thor replied.

            “My friend you are walking to your death.”

            “Then at least I will die with the one I love.” Thor replied grimly.

            “You are in charge while I am away Fandral.” Loki commanded. “Until my return take charge and keep Asgard ready for battle at all times.”

            “And if you never come back?”

            “The nine realms are doomed if we don’t stop the Dark Elves so it will not matter what happens if I don’t come back.”

            “I am honored by your trust my King.” Fandral bowed and left to start gathering up the remaining survivors.

            Thor followed Loki as they rode horses out to the Bifrost where Heimdall greeted them with a knowing look. “You know that once I send you there I will not be able to bring you back. It is much too dangerous.”

            “I realize that Heimdall.” Loki hissed, he really just wanted to leave, Lokia couldn’t be lost, and she would remember him. “I have my own ways of getting back.”

            Heimdall nodded and walked inside the Bifrost and used his sword to activate it, soon Loki and Thor were sucked in and landed down on Svartalfheim in a rainbow of colors. Once it disappeared they finally got a good look at their surroundings; barren lands, rubble from the battles many centuries ago, and a look that said nothing lived there. Of course they knew that wasn’t true. All they had to do was find where the Dark Elves were hiding, and then they could end this war before they could use the Aether and Convergence to their advantage and destroy the nine realms.