Rise of the Arcangels

Death, death had come to the once peaceful world of Cormac. Vast cities lay as silent tombs for its now deceased residents, beautiful countryside and rolling fields now body strew wastelands, the very soil that once fed an entire system soaking with the blood of Cormac’s mutilated defenders. Oceans that once glistened in the light of the nearest sun reduced to barren deserts. The world itself had died. It became an inhospitable husk of its once glorious self in a matter of days, but it was none of these things that were going through lord commissar Asaneal Becks mind in the last few fleeting moments of his life. Terrified his life would be extinguished at any second, grief that he couldn’t prevent the death of so many innocents, anger that he failed his oath to keep Cormac and its people safe. He lay there with a mask of all these emotions but the most predominate one however was of confusion. As he laid, his body broken and bleeding, upon the marble floor of the Imperial governor’s palace, he was confused. Confused that any of the atrocities that occurred had even happened at all, confused at the sheer speed of which there defences fell, but most confused at the silver giant wreathed in deadly energy that stood over him.

Hear my words mortal, for they shall be your last to hear. I am lord commander Victus, First company captain of the Arcangels of Aurelia, scions to the Omnissiah, and this world has became a message” The giants voice but a metallic whisper that echoed through the dead halls. Lord Asaneal was stunned with fear yet still, with the last ounce of courage and strength, raised himself from the cold floor and in, an act of defiance, spat at the silver giant and screamed “What message traitorous filth! What could you have hoped to achieve by slaughtering so many!”

The giant stood immobile, like an ancient statue, staring at the commissar before he spoke in the cold metallic whisper once more “It is a message, to our once brother legions, A message to the Imperium” with remarkable speed, the giant placed his enormous gauntlet around the commissars neck which almost swallowed his entire torso and lifted him of his feet, the force of which stole the very air from Asaneal’s lungs.

It is a message to our corpse-father sitting upon his damned throne, his exiled sons have returned!” It roared, and threw the commissar across the room to smash into a bust of the Emperor with enough force to reduce it to rubble.

The commissar laid a mangle of blood and bone upon the broken statue of the god-emperor of mankind long after the giant had left, before slipping into unconsciousness and an eternal sleep.