All you need to know about Dashcam and Parking Mode

Dashcams have come a long way so far. Technology has evolved in such a way that today dash cam with parking mode is nothing surprising at all. Parking mode is a term often used when a dashcam remains powered on inside a vehicle that isn't being operated. Most dash cameras come with a parking mode option, even the lower end ones, however, the parking mode feature differs greatly from camera to camera.

Some dash cameras offer a parking mode option without using a hardwire kit and instead use an external battery pack, while others depend on your cars 12-volt battery for power while in parking mode.

There are countless reasons why you'd want to take an effective parking mode watching over your vehicle at all times. It's not uncommon for wing mirrors to be knocked off or for a passing car to deliver a glancing blow when parked on a busy street. Usually, the offending driver will continue off into the distance and you'll have no chance of finding them for an insurance claim. With parking mode, the camera would activate instantly and you'd get crisp footage of the offending vehicle's car.

This feature can enable you to capture things happening around your car. The footage can record hit and run drivers, trolley incidents or deliberate/malicious damage when you are away from your vehicle. If a license plate is picked up in the footage, the offending driver can be tracked down for insurance purposes and shown to the police.

A dashcam, known as your car's silent witness, is usually used to have proof of what happened in case you get in an accident, or you're the witness to one. But that's not always the case, because your car can also be damaged while it's parked, and you could always use a recording to show you what happened in that kind of scenario as well. Safecams is the leading supplier of Dashboard Camera and provides .

For more details:-

Email:-

Visit us:-