Chapter 1 - Curiosity

He laid there trying his best to remember how he ended up in this situation. He wasn't gonna complain, no he didn't hate the situation he was placed in, but he did wonder how a human that was currently snugged in his arms, manage to convince him to cuddle with her in his own bed.

Perhaps it was the way she asked? She always had that innocent look to her eyes whenever she asked him something, but he knew better than to trust her gaze.

Perhaps it was the way that she spoke? Her voice becoming higher and more like an angel singing a hymn rather than her natural low voice. She used this to trick people into trusting her on but he was smarter than those humans to not fall for a simple trick.

Perhaps it was the way her body was pressed up against his, her arms lazily draped around his neck to keep herself upright as she tiredly asks him her questions? He knew it wasn't that, for as much as he was interested in her, he would never be attracted to just her body.

No, she knew she had to be sneaky when asking this question, for as much as she knew Max loved her, he would never try to make her feel trapped or cornered by putting herself in a position where she can't get out. So, she used her voice, her eyes, and her body to persuade him into cuddling with her.

Max smiled as the human- his lover, also known as Eliza, was placing with a strand of his hair lazily as she had an arm behind his head with her hand placed on top of it, her body was positioned right next to him on his bed, her head was on his chest, listening to his slow breathing as he caressed her back, letting his hand drifted lower and lower until Eliza complained and made him move his hand back up to her shoulder.

Max liked to test the water with her ever since they started to date, which was about two months ago. Ever since then he always wanted to try out something that'll spark desire in both of them but unfortunately, Max was too embarrassed to ask. Eliza was a sweet human, well as sweet as a mafia hustler comes now a days, however he could never bring himself to tell her he wished to have sex with her no matter how hard he tries or plans to pop the question.

"Is there something wrong? You seem distracted." Eliza asked, her attention being pulled away from the television that was playing some random movie that was broadcasted down in hell.

"Hm? Nothing much.. I'm just thinking." Max says, shifting to get more comfortable on the bed.

He almost forgot that Eliza was wearing his coat as he glanced down at the smaller human, smirking at how big his coat was compared to her tiny frame. His navy blue with yellow rimming trench coat was the perfect size to be a blanket for Eliza, and that's exactly what she was using it for. However, she was also almost half naked under his coat, wearing her bra and grey sweatpants as she stared up owlishly at Max.

"Are you sure? I never seen you this distracted before.." now the movie had been forgotten as she sat up more, pulling her arm from behind Max's head and settling herself comfortably into a sitting position.

"Yeah, it's just something's been on my mind for a while now." Max says, allowing Eliza to slip from his grasp and lay there on his bed, watching as his beloved shifts her hips slightly to get into a more comfortable position on the bed.

"Usually when you're this deep in thought it's because you want to ask my something." Eliza informed, moving to place her hands on either side of Max's head while towering over him and staring him down, "so, what's the question?"

"Hah, you know it's not that simple, dear." Max said leaning upward to catch Eliza's lips for a second before pulling away, "I cannot simply ask a darling like you what I've been yearning about ever since we started sharing the same bed together."