WHIPLASH // TWO

𝔚ℌℑ𝔓𝔏𝔄𝔖ℌ : 𝔗𝔚𝔒

𝔚ℌℑ𝔓𝔏𝔄𝔖ℌ : 𝔗𝔚𝔒

"There has been a problem with the Genes, Taeyong." Kun said, as Taeyong decided to hold a meeting with him, his Consigliere and the squad captains.

On the head of the table, Taeyong sat with a cold expression on. Kun who was on his right side didn't bulge, but Johnny looked as though he was a bit weary of Taeyong. Johnny and Mark were serious, waiting for what the meeting really was about.

"The Genes? Again?" Johnny asked, his fists clencing as he remembered the last time they encountered the Genes.

"The Genes? You mean, the mafia led by that Japanese guy or that other person who's always with him-"

"It's Takuya. He's the real boss. Shin is just there as acting boss. They've been trying to bring us down for ages, so in turn, we're destroying them as well," said Taeyong, tracing his tongue on his lower lip after.

"So, what's the problem here, boss?" asked Mark, eager to know what they should do.

"Kun knows," said Taeyong, turning the attention to the Consigliere.

"The Genes are after us. Winwin and Ten were in Japan, telling me abruptly that the Genes are following them and are tracing us. Apparently, their boss wants to talk to ours after we stole their opportunity on the latest and only release of a new atomic bomb by the EXØs. The transaction was made through Winwin and Ten, when they visited our base in Japan." Kun explained, Johnny's brows shooting up.

"Winwin and Ten should have been more careful while doing the transaction. Last time, they were almost caught by the Genes but my men caught them first so they were able to escape flawlessly," said Jaehyun, his brows furrowing in worry.

Johnny then scoffed before leaning back on his chair, fiddling with the ring Taeyong has gifted him when he first became a squad captain.

"So, you're saying that my men are inexperienced or are rusting when it comes to transactions and escapes, Jung Jaehyun? Do you remember that time when you were once under me-"

Taeyong slammed his hand on the table, standing up and then leaning on it. He glared at Johnny, his fists clenching.

"Johnny Seo! You are the Alpha's squad captain. No unnecessary actions from you are to be expected, do you hear me? Jaehyun is right, if his men weren't there, your mission would have been screwed over. Kun, call Yuta," said Taeyong, breathing in and out heavily before crossing his arms across his chest.

There was a knock on the conference room, causing everyone to turn their heads towards the door. Kun then approached the door and opened it, only to reveal Yuta.

Mark was observing everything, figuring out the situation silently. As Yuta's footsteps could be heard, Taeyong's blood started to boil.

"Yuta, you're going to Japan. You're meeting with the Genes. We, The Alexei, are facing them off next week, at exactly 11 pm. We're Alexei, the Defenders. If you're gonna cower off by facing the Genes, just tell me and I will personally place a bullet through your head," Taeyong said, leaving the room with a slam of the door.

Sighing, Yuta sat down on the seat where Taeyong used to be on. He then looked at the faces of the squad captains, observing them all.

"This means war, defenders. Coming with me tonight are the Alphas, and we'll transfer to the Japan Base. In two days, the Lions are gonna come. Then in another set of two days, the Tigers. This base will be protected by the underclassmen, the elites in training. Taeyong will come on D-Day."

▪ mavis's point of view ▪

My fingers were trembling as I heard footsteps approach the room I was in. He's coming. Taeyong is coming.

My heart was pounding against my chest as I imagined the endless possibilities that he can do to me while I am staying here.

I can still remember the days when Taeyong had his innocent smile across his face. It was his father who broke that. Who broke him. But how come there came a monster in him now? Someone who would do something like this...

When the door opened, I closed my eyes and pretended to sleep. But then, I felt him pull on my hair.

"We weren't finished,"