Chapter One: Hunting Ravens

Raven's POV

----------------------------------------------------

I was an orphan since I was 4. My parents were murdered just a little after I turned 4. I remember waking up crying and no one came. So I went downstairs and found my parents' limbs scattered all over the place. My mom's face mangled and distorted. My dad's eyeball hanging out. It was a horrifying and traumatic experience. Why would someone do such a thing? WHO would have done such a thing? For years, I've been searching to avenge my parents. Running away from my foster homes to set out on my own so I could find this murderer. I started working at Penny's Coffee Shop to start fresh when I turned 18. The manager, Brandon, offered me this job when I came in, ordered coffee, and sat down thinking of how I'm going to start my new life. He also offered me the bedroom upstairs so I could have a place to stay. One day, I was working at the cash register and I looked up at the tv hearing the phrase "serial killer on the loose". 

"There is a serial killer on the loose in Rainville. Today, the police found a man's body mangled and his limbs were missing. They could barely identify him. Try to stay indoors and watch out for any mysterious people lurking around." The news lady said.

I finally found him. I thought as i quickly took my apron off and went upstairs to do some research.

The next day, I was sweeping the restaurant when this boy walked in who looked to be about 18. He was cute with blonde hair and blue eyes. His smile was astonishing. I blinked quickly and shook my head. I must have spaced out again, I thought as I began sweeping again. 

Brandon went to him almost with tears in his eyes as he hugged him tightly. That was his son, Joseph, who's mother had been murdered like mine. In the same condition my mom was left in. 

"Hey dad, you work here alone, do you have a new employee? Who is she?" Joseph asked as he looked at me questioningly. 

I flicked my head up and widened my eyes as soon as he realized he was talking about me. 

"That's Raven, my newest employee I hired yesterday because she wants to start anew and she is very gorgeous isn't she." He flicked his eyes towards me and gestured his head towards me as he waggled his eyebrows. 

Joseph rolled his eyes. "Dad,stop" He said as he laughed and looked at me. 

"Hi, my name is Joseph" He said as he held out his hand for me to shake.

I shook his hand and looked up into his eyes only to get lost in them. I quickly shook my head, "U-um my name is Raven. Nice to meet you." I gave him a welcoming smile and went back to sweeping.

"Would you like to go out for dinner sometime?" He asked with a sparkle in his pleading eyes.

I looked up with widened eyes. No one has ever really asked me out before. I was always known as the runaway orphan. But he really doesn't know much about me which is good. No one does or needs to. 

"Sure." I smiled and went took off my apron to end my shift.

No one needs to know about you. You're different and unique in your very own way. A voice in my head whispered but I quickly shook it off and went upstairs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hunter's POV

"Naked man found on beach with limbs torn off..."

"Mother, daughter, son, and father all found in a home murdered. The children's faces were mutilated. The mother and father's limbs were missing as their mouths left ajar and their eyes barely open looking at the ceiling..."

"Blood roamed everywhere inside a building where a party was held but no sign of any bodies or actual murders. Just blood....."

Everyone knows my artwork-killing women, men,children,etc. you name it. While they are still alive, I'l cut off their limbs and toss them to and fro, drowning out their screams as I taste the blood on my hands. Then I'll rip off their clothes and let them bleed out to death before I put them out for the whole world to see. No one knows who does this, though. I leave no clues or hints whatsoever.

I just got done with my latest work. A 14-year old girl named Brittany. She had one blue eye and one brown eye and she was about 5'3. She was a brunette and now her limbs are scattered everywhere. 

I laughed at my own gory thoughts and decided to head out for coffee and act like a normal human for once. When I entered Penny's Coffee Shop I found my eyes wandering to this young girl about 18 or 19. I went up to order and saw her name tag. "Raven, is it?" I said while my eyes were wandering a bit low. I quickly averted my gaze to her ocean blue eyes. "Y-yes." she said while looking down at the cash register counting money. I ordered a coffee and sat down not taking my eyes off of her.I finally started reading a magazine and started drinking my coffee. 

I've never been hunting Ravens before, but this will be quite a journey. I MUST have her. If anyone gets in my way they'll meet a terrible fate.