Chapter 56

Hello my loves! I've started school and boy, studying for midterms is a pain in the ass! Updates may be delayed as I'm focusing on my studies once more while attempting what common people call a social life.. Hopefully you all enjoy this chapter and understand for my later updates in the future. What do you think so far? Will Valerie find Death? Or maybe Death will find her? hmmm so many things to do so many pages to put it down on. Or perhaps.. perhaps we've already met Death..

Enjoy my loves! 2020 bring it on folks :3

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The court returned by nightfall as promised.

I sat sprawled in my desk scribbling my signature over papers before shuffling them to the back. My lips frowned at the ever growing stack of papers to be signed and then the taller one of papers to be sealed. Why does everything need a signature and a seal?

I grumbled under my breath tossing the pen aside, careful of the ink container, before sipping my wine. The vampires had indeed been trespassing. It would seem Tamara was most definitely a threat. Or she was trying exceptionally hard to get under my skin. She was a thorn in my side in constant need of being dug out.

The door to my chambers burst open and I sprung up from the chair rallying my magic. Who dares enter without permission?!

A blur of brown hair scrambled through my room before lunging at me in a tight hug. Reyna. I sigh a breath of relief before patting her hair. "Reyna you're back."

She buried her head against my neck tightening her grip on my shoulders. "Val the golden city is amazing! It's the most beautiful place I've ever seen. The people were so nice and welcoming too. Maybe you can come to the next meeting too! Darius was grumpy about the whole thing but that's nothing new.." She blabbered in my ear in excitement.

I zoned out half listening instead my attention was drawn to Darius hurrying into my room. He flashed an apologetic grin at me upon seeing Reyna.

"The faeries are lovely. They are all beautiful and intimidating. Liam was chatting with this one faerie quite a bit I don't remember her name.. But you have to see the ocean! Val it crashes against the cliffs below the castle and the weather, the weather is lovely. Not stormy and snowy like here- sunny and warm. All the time!"

"That sounds wonderful Reyna darling." I smiled pulling away from her before my ears dropped off. It was a good thing she enjoyed the city. Lordanelle was to be her home once she came of age to claim the throne.

"Reyna how about you leave Valerie and I to discuss some matters hmm?" Darius questioned raising his brows smiling as she nodded scampering off.

I leaned back in my chair watching my Second carefully, "How did it actually go?"

He sighed running a hand down his face, "The faeries are demanding she live in the castle immediately. They claim us northerners will taint her and she will lose the southern way of life. The faerie way of life I think is what they meant.."

"She is staying here until she is fit to rule." I clipped interrupting him.

Darius nodded, "I said that she needs to mature before having such responsibility. Nobody needs a child on the throne, of any kingdom. Children should get to be free and explore before being shackled to such responsibilities."

"And?"

"They threatened war if we refuse her living there. They are adamant about her learning their ways as soon as possible."