11. RECORD BREAKER

We didn't say anything, not a single word. Luke is holding my hand inside of his and the act makes me feel comforted. There's not a single person who can make me feel that quite like Luke. All kinkiness aside, when I'm with him I feel whole. As much as I like being with Denver, the sex is amazing, he's not really the comforting type.

Once we're in the penthouse I try to climb him like a tree but he holds his arms out, effectively stopping that. "Luke, I need you right now. I need to-"

"No, you need to talk about it." I frown automatically. "You can't just fuck me because you're upset, not anymore."

"Why not?"

"Because it isn't healthy. Tell me what's bothering you and then I'll see what I can do."

"You'll see what you can do? Excuse me?" My inner sadist doesn't like that very much and he knows it.

"Don't get your panties in a twist, you know I'll gladly bury my face between your thighs as long as you tell me what the hell just happened." Now the thought of him between my thighs makes me smile but talking about my daddy issues does not. "That older gentlemen was the friend that came to Vegas with your father, right?"

"You mean my sperm donor." I deadpanned.

"It's not his fault he died, Mal." That makes me wince because I'd never had the chance to meet him and he knows it. I'd never had a father figure. No not until I'd gotten all wrapped up in the world of crime. Luke doesn't even know about him though.

"Yeah, well apparently they both pumped and dumped inside of her. One of them was just a lot less careful about it." Luke gives me a stern look. "Just because she's my mother doesn't mean she was actually ever a real mother, Luke. Fuck her. Seriously, fuck her."

"She's your mother, Mal."

"She's the woman who pushed me out of her vagina and then barely took care of my sister and I. She slept with men for money and sometimes when we were in the other room. It's disgusting, Luke. You know my past so please stop throwing it in my fucking face."

I storm past him and go over to where the liquor is situated on the counter and pick up the whiskey. I take off the cap and chuck it across the room haphazardly. I'm so fucking done with this conversation. The moment I'm about to take a swig Luke rips the bottle out of my hand and slams it on the counter before swooping down and mashing his lips to mine.

He doesn't even give me a moment to catch my breath before picking me up and tossing me over his shoulder. He carries me upstairs to the master suite and kicks open the bedroom door. Oh, okay. This is a whole new Luke. He tosses me on the bed with a hungry look as well as an agitated one.

"Flip over." I do as he asks and this is surprisingly turning me on. His hand goes to the zipper and slowly pulls it down, trailing kisses all the way down my back as he does so. I'm shivering at the sensation of his plump lips as they trail down my spine. "God, I missed seeing you like this," he'd said once he took the rest of the fabric off of me. "He lightly caresses my naked butt with both of his hands. I'm sure it's no surprise to him that I hadn't been wearing anything underneath my dress. "You are a dirty little minx, aren't you?"

"Always have been. Always will be." I practically purr out at his ministrations on my behind.

"I've missed your perfect ass." One of his hands trails tenderly up my spine and then back down again. I love the way he's touching me, soft and sensually. He's the only man I enjoy touching me like this. It's intimate, loving, no one else knows how to touch me quite like Luke.

  "I've missed you, Luke. I've missed you so much." I feel his body lean forward and he runs his tongue up my spine all the way until he reaches my ear.