「chapter いち」

(edit by me!! x3x)

skylar pov

i walked  down the stairs, ugh. school today. and i slept in a little late. im a senior in highschool. you'd think i would have my shit figured out by now. but im just being stupid as usual.

i grab my bag and walked outside. my mom is never home in the morning. my dad died when i was 5 so i dont really think about him much. its whatever. i go down the street and think, hey, i should grab coffee, even if most of my teachers don't like us drinking it in class. they can go to hell anyway. i hate my school. luckily, only a few months are left until graduation.

well, i go into starbucks, which is pretty empty right after opening at 7 AM. there's a barista ive never seen before with bright green hair to match the aesthetic of the shop. its cute. it seems like im one of the first people in but im sure more highschoolers and adults going into work will show up. 

"hey, can i just get a starbucks doubleshot, on ice?" i ask immediately, standing at the counter and taking out my wallet.

"sounds good. need something to wake you up?" he asks me, smirking.

"yeah. i hate mornings..." i roll my eyes, swiping my card and punching in the pin.

"tell me about it. oh, and your name?"

"skylar. with an 'ar,'" i clarify for him, crossing my arms and walking over to where i wait for my drink since he goes to make it. i kinda stare at him. pretty fucking cute. i wonder how old he is. no more than 20, i'd say.  good. wait! am i really thinking about him like that? he's a random starbucks guy that's kinda cute why does it matter how old he is? i probably wont ever see him again. just in case, i pull up snapchat and snap a sneaked picture of him making my drink. not bad. i save it to my camera roll and send it to hanna, my best friend, with the caption "cute boy at starbucks this morning"

"for skylar, with an 'ar.'" he winks at me as he hands me the drink directly, smiling cutely. i try to suppress my smile and roll my eyes again and take the drink.

"mhm." i look to read the name, which is spelt right. not the best handwriting, but i can't judge i guess. people tell me my handwriting looks typed because im always bullet journaling. 

"anyway, hope to see you around." he smirks again before turning back to the main counter to help the next people coming in. is he flirting? no, he's just doing his job. right? right. right. even if he's cute, it's probably just to get more business. yeah.

i immediately take my drink and walk out of the shop, ready to go to school. i can catch the bus easy, with five or ten minutes until it gets to the stop. great. i take out my phone and look at hanna's reply. she's in the car, and it's a picture of the road ahead, replying with "omg did you ask for his snap or smth?" i reply with a no and that it doesn't really matter. after this i take a drink of my drink but notice something written near the bottom of the cup.

"damiar

747-007-707" (A/N: not a real phone number!!)

his name and number! omg! i can't believe he actually did that. quickly i take a picture and send it to hanna, scribbling part of the number out. "HE PUT HIS NUMBER ON THE CUP OMG"  i quickly write and send. she freaks out, and calls me. just then the bus pulls up, but i dont care. this is urgent. quickly i take out my pass while holding the phone to my ear, trying to manage my drink, phone, and bus pass. i use my shoulder to hold my phone to my ear as i scan my bus pass and take a seat.

"WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO." she immediately yells at me. i flinch at the loud noise.

"i dunno. he's really cute though." i admit.

"well, if you don't cuff him, send him my way, sis." hanna laughs, but shes not completely joking.

"fineee. ill message him later, okay? he's probs still working." i talk to her while putting my bus pass away, sighing. the bus ride is only a few minutes, my school is pretty close but too far to walk if i dont leave early. ugh.

"do it do it do ittt!! he's fucking hot."

"i wouldn't say hot-"

"don't lieeeeee."

"alright... he's pretty hot. he kept smiling at me... like it was super adorable. and did i mention he teased me for specifying how to spell my name?"

"he's totally into you." i roll my eyes.

"uh. yeah. he gave me his number."

"shut up. you know what i meant." i laugh at her, looking out the window and taking a drink of my doubleshot. not bad. i dont usually get starbucks, but i might have a reason to go back.

"okay, im almost at school. updates, sister. updates." she reminds me, insisting she know what goes on with me and 'damiar.'

"yeah yeah of course. i got you, hun. see you at school. love you."

"love you toooo-" i hang up and sigh, smiling like a dork. im so stupid. am i seriously gonna fall in love with some random starbucks boy???

a/n:

heyyy so this is one of my first stories lol i hate it but whatever. tell me what u think ig haha. i might update more tonight bc im bored as shit lol >.< make sure to comment ur thoughts ^.^