Chapter 7

"Hey!" I approached him and took a seat.

"Hello. I'm Jeon Jungkook, nice to meet you." He replied with a smile.

Damn, he was really handsome. He had flawless and fair skin, innocent doe-eyes, naturally red lips and a great fashion choice.

I thought it was just a good shot when I saw his only picture on the app but I was proved wrong. He indeed was good-looking.

"I'm Min Seo-Yeon, nice to meet you too!"

It was awkward for the first minute as we just looked at each other or smiled or got carried away by what other people were doing at the restaurant. I guess he wasn't prepared for this either.

"Umm... actually," He finally broke the silence.

"I'm not prepared for this..."

"Huh?"

"Don't hate me for this but I didn't set this date myself." He said and looked at me guiltily.

"Oh..." My voice trailed off.

"Yeah. My friend did it for me. I thought I should tell you."

"Oh no. It's absolutely fine, haha!"

"Oh, I'm relieved then." He said and smiled.

"I didn't set this up myself too." I confessed, feeling comfortable in telling him that.

"Really?" He looked amused.

"Yup. My Mum did it for me. I didn't even know I had a date with you until I got back home and was told by her. The entire dating account thing was actually my mom's plan."

"Oh Gosh. Your Mom's pestering you too?!"

"Sorry?" I asked, genuinely confused by what he wanted to say.

"Like, my Mom's pestering me to date or get married and stuff. That's why my friend made an account for me too. He's my Mom's right hand, oh God. Sometimes I feel like he is more of her son than my friend!" Jungkook said in a sarcastic tone.

"What the hell! Lmao, yeah, my mum wants me to get hitched as soon as possible. She says she's sick of seeing my face when she gets up every morning. According to her, I should have my "own family" now and make babies."

"Moms can be tough to handle."

"I know right!" I said and we laughed.

Mr. Jeon and I talked to each other for a long time. We had a delicious dinner of the Chinese cuisine and had fun. He told me about his family, friends-Jimin, the man who had created his account and then his work. He was the CEO of one of the biggest companies in the country. When he told me first, I thought he was joking but then he gave me a serious look.

Honestly, I hadn't expected a CEO to be so sweet and down to earth. His preferences were so relevant yet classy-he just felt so comfortable to be with. I told him about my side of work, family and peer life too. Compared to him, my circle of people was small and my stories were less experienced. However, he seemed fine with it which I really liked.

"Dinner's done. Should we leave now?" He asked and looked at the empty plates.

"Oh yeah, I think we should."

We both left the restaurant and came down on the street where our cars were parked.

"That's it for today I guess?" He asked with a smile on his face.

"Yeah... maybe... I don't know..."

I didn't want him to leave so soon.

"Huh?" He was confused by my words.

Shit.

I just spoke my mind. Oh no!

"Uh-oh I meant that yeah, we should. Hahaha. Lmao, I can be a-awkward sometimes hehe."

Jungkook just stared into my eyes and then laughed.

Oh God, that damn laugh! And those damn eyes shining brighter under the moonlight!

"You're a fun person, Seo-Yeon."

Why am I suddenly feeling so weak and vulnerable?

"Thank you. You too." I replied softly.

We just looked at each other for some time. I think he didn't want to leave yet himself.

"Would you like to have ice-cream?" I asked him suddenly. "I know we had dessert just a few minutes ago but I'm craving some."

"Huh? Oh...yeah, sure!" He looked surprised.

"Great then. I know an ice-cream parlour which is nearby. We should go there."

______________________________________

Jungkook and Seo-Yeon drove to the place separately in their respective cars and both were quite happy with how the evening was passing.

'She's so cute. I'd like to see more of her. Jimin did one good thing ATLEAST.' Jungkook thought.

'I should listen to Mom more often.' Seo-Yeon thought.