4. Family Time

A/N - Short one this time sorry! I'm working on making them  a little longer. but at the moment i am writing and publishing as i go. Please help me out by commenting what you'd like to see next. i have a general plan but would love peoples input . Thanks! :)

After their eye-opening conversation outside, the couple made their way inside, into their room, and prepared themselves for the incoming family.

 Joe pulled Dianne into his side, and took her shoulders in his hands.
"I'm so glad we had that conversation earlier Dot. I've been feeling the same way as you for some time, but wouldn't ever want to rush you into anything you weren't ready for. At the end of the day It's your career. Your body. Your choice". Dianne shook her head "No Joseph. Its OUR choice. It takes two to tango! We both have to make these sort of decisions together".

"So when are we doing this then? You want to wait until after the wedding? I mean.. You'll have to announce your not doing strictly again earlier in the year.. Maybe we should wait until after strictly starts.. Or do we...How long will it take do you think?.. ". Joe stuttered, mind going in many different directions at once. Dianne chuckled softly and interrupted. "Joseph, calm down. I don't want to make a big fanfare of it. Nor do I want this to become stressful between us. This is a big moment in our lives. An exciting one. And I want to enjoy this time. Let's not put pressure on ourselves. Let's enjoy the ups and downs that creating a family will bring us.".

"So...?". Joe wondered aloud. "So I say we so exactly what we always do. Roll with it. Have a go. See what happens. As for Strictly. I'm due to call them tomorrow. They will send me my new contract through, and I will tell them that I've decided not to sign it. Then the adventure begins!".

Joe grinned, pulling Dianne even closer. "I love you so much!".
Dianne wiped a tear from her cheek, and replied "I love you too".
The couple's quiet moment was interrupted by a loud bang, which was accompanied by the noise of laughter, children shouting and their names being called. "They're here!". Dianne pulled away from Joe, checked her face  in the mirror, noticing her eyes were a little brighter and she seemed more relaxed than when they first arrived,  and reached her hand out for Joseph to take. "Ready?".

"Always."