To the movies! - 4

I nearly bounced up, off of the mattress..

The first thing I did was look up at Brooklyn, I know.. kind of embarrassing, but seriously, if you'd seen how gorgeous she was, you'd be doing that too, Brook was asleep and snoring softly, it made me wonder, did I snore like that?

Brooklyn mumbled something and rolled over, she knocked her hand on the bed and continued snoring, 'well.. I guess I've some time to myself' I smiled and pulled my notebook and pen out of my pocket, even though, I never met my dad, and I never thought I would, I still loved to write him notes, just for incase.

To Dad: I've just met the most gorgeous girl of my life, maybe you could get to meet her, maybe I'll get to meet you, anyway, she's beautiful, wavy blonde hair, down to her shoulder blades, sea blue eyes, lightly tanned skin and a stunning smile, look at me, obsessing over someone.. I wish you could meet her, she's a lovely person, I wish I could meet you..

I felt a tear roll down my cheek, I really wished I could've met my dad, from what I could remember, before my mum took up drugs, when I was seven, she used to tell me stories, about my dad, about how awesome he was, apparently he was a businessman and a sportsman, he played cricket and tennis, number 7 in the world at tennis, and on the wall of fame for cricket, I had become completely oblivious to the fact that I was now crying into my hands, in all truth, even though I didn't know much about my dad, I wanted to meet him, more than anything else.

Again, what I hadn't and still didn't notice, was that Brooklyn woke up and had already gotten ready "Are you okay?" she sat down next to me and rubbed my shoulder.

"Yeah.." I tried for a smile, but trembled and kept crying. "I- I'm sorry" I sobbed and fell into her a bit.

"It's okay." Brooklyn hesitated but wrapped her arms around me "What's going on?" she asked, rubbing my shoulder.

"Nothing" I mumbled miserably "Just.. memories"

Brooklyn sighed and rubbed my arms, "I know how that feels.." She said honestly.

I smiled faintly, wiped my eyes, and stood up, I grabbed Brooklyns hand and pulled her up, I felt like I was being overly friendly, but I'd rather that than not "I just can't stop thinking about my father.." I said glumly.

"You're father?" Brook said "You haven't really told me much about him.." she pointed out

"I know.." I moped and straightened out my shirt "Maybe later.." I said and rubbed my hands together, I pushed Brooklyns hands off me gently.

"Okay." she smiled and started combing her hair in her mirror. I hummed myself a tune while I waited for Brooklyn, as I didn't have a hairbrush.. or anything for that matter, to groom myself with, I did the best I could with just my hands, I felt a bit like a slob, but I guess it did the trick. "You ready?" she asked, applying a tiny bit of makeup, she didn't really pile it on, so that you can't see her face, she added a very faint amount, barely noticeable, I wished I could do my makeup like that..

________________________________________________________________________________

So Brooklyn and I decided to watch a horror movie.. not sure why, what Brook didn't tell me, is that her definition of horror is a lot less scary than mine.

when we came out of the movies, I thought the movie was awesome, Brooklyn however was shivering, gripping my hand tightly.

"Cool movie!" I smiled

"Not cool" Brooklyn shuddered "Very scary, not cool at all"

"What?!" I sat down while waiting for our taxi "I thought it was a great movie!"

Brooklyn shook her head and practically sat on me "When you said horror, I expected something like Coraline, or the nightmare before christmas!" Brooklyn said while starting to hug my arm

"But those aren't scary" I struggled to keep myself from laughing.

"Yes they are!" Brooklyn whimpered, while starting to dig her nails into my arm.

"Okay then" I smiled, admiring Brooklyns beautiful blonde hair, it was nearly like a smooth caramel sort of colour, I just didn't want to eat it though..

________________________________________________________________________________

Brooks parents served her and I a breakfast of champions, pancakes with chocolate chips, whipped cream and rich maple syrup.

"Wow.." Brooklyn blinked, amazed at her own food "Thanks mum, thanks dad..." Brook and I surprised ourselves with how quickly we could eat the pancakes.

"So." Brooklyns mum started "What's going on between you two?" She exchanged a knowing glance between her husband and herself.

Brooklyn went a bit red in the face "Well.. you see, we not dating."

"Yeah.." I tried to help her out a bit, but I'm pretty sure I failed

She pursed her lips "Yeah.."

"Uh huh.." Brooklyns mum clearly didn't believe us.

Brooklyn signalled me something in sign language, and we both started giggling, immaturely.

"What's so funny?" Brooklyns dad asked, Brooklyn and I started wheezing for air.

"Oh- my- hahahahahaha! oh my god! oh my god! oh my god!" I repeated "I think I'm going insa-" I fell out of my chair and we both started laughing harder. Both Brooklyn's parents had a faint smile on their face, she grabbed my arm and took me upstairs, still giggling.

"Now, bumping your elbow is one thing but falling off your chair?" Brooklyn smiled "How?"

"I have no clue, if you ask me, I think it's harder to hit your elbow on a bed head!"

"Is not!" Brooklyn smirked.

"Is so!" I moved closer to Brooklyn and ran my fingers through her hair. Brook pushed me playfully, but I managed to bring her down with me. "Well?" I smiled "Do I get a kiss for quick thinking?" a bit cocky, but it was worth a try at least.

Brooklyn rolled her eyes and got up "We're friends. Not dating."

"Fine." I crossed my arms and sat up. 

"I think I'm gonna have nightmares from the movie earlier" Brooklyn still looked a bit scared.

"Oh c'mon Brook" I said "It wasn't that scary!"

"Yes it was! look. we both have different definitions of scary, you're a lot braver than me"