2.0

A light breeze danced on the tips of the trees swaying them in the darkness of the night.  With my weighted blanket draped across my lap, I stared out my bedroom bay window. Taking a sip of my hot chocolate I studied the movements of the strange house. It had been quiet for the most the night, till now. Once again I could hear strange sounds growing from inside. After a month of living across the street, I had never once seen a dog or any signs of one. Yet multiple times I had heard sounds implying there were multiple.

Shifting in my spot I could feel curiosity bubbling up inside me. My nose twitching  I placed my hot chocolate on my dresser as I slid from the window ledge. Taking my long sleeve yellow flannel I had worn earlier I slipped it on over my black tank top before carefully slipping out my bedroom door.

With quick movements, I made my way downstairs, heading to laundry room I slipped on a pair of flats not bothering with my jacket as I made my way out the back door. Heading down the small decline to the back alley I was determined to see just what was going in on in that strange house. Exiting my back gate I was careful to close it, not being able to remember if I had seen the girl leave her hideaway or not.

With quick feet, I scurried across the bumpy road, staring at the old wooden fence that bordered there a property I knew going around the garage where the gate was would more than likely get me caught. Scanning the wooden fence  I found the gap I'd seen the stray black cat enter and exit out of numerous times. Turning to the side I slid my arm between the gap my tilting my head I wiggled my way through the gap stumbling out into the empty yard as I did.  Steadying myself I scanned my surroundings, It seemed like everyone was inside. 

I stood there for a few moments, doubt creeping in the back of my mind that perhaps this wasn't the best of ideas. My eyes darted back to the fence, self-doubt taking over I took a step back towards the fence. Placing a hand on the cold wood the sound of low growls caught my attention, piquing my curiosity I turned back around. I had to know. I had to.

Quickly turning back around I moved through the darkness doing my best to stick in the shadows as I crept over towards the house. Standing against the house I tried my hardest to stretch enough to see through the windows. I was far too short, If I was going to get a look in, I need to be taller. Stepping back from the house I once again examined my surroundings. then I saw it, the wooden box pressed up against the side of the building next to the water valve. A few feet above it, a window. my perfect chance.

Staying in the shadows of the house I made my way over to the box carefully lifting myself onto it before using the wall to steady myself as I rose to my feet. I was still too short to see clearly into the window, my fingertips gripping at the metal frame of the window. I carefully pulled myself up standing on the tips of my toes as I did my best to spy. I could see faint shadows, what looked like to humans fighting, yet animistic sounds were all that escaped.

"Can I help you!?" I male voice growled.

My heart stopped, breath catching in my throat the surprise voice caught me off guard. My entire body jerked causing me to lose balance and I dropped off the edge of the box. A light groan escaping my lips  I rolled overly, briefly seeing a male shape before I got to my feet attempting to brush off the pain mixed with embarrassment.   Lifting my head my eyes locked with deep dark pools of burning oak that were glaring me down. 

"I uh.. uhm.." I began to stutter,  my mind suddenly blanks as he stepped closer.

"Were spying" He stated flatly.

"No... I mean yes... I mean no... I mean... I was just curious" I stuttered out doing my best to look everywhere but him

"Of what." His tone wasn't that of a question... but a demand.

I swallowed hard, taking in a deep shaky breath as I finally forced my self to look at him. I had seen him before, he was seemingly the oldest in the house, and the most elusive. I had to admit, under usual circumstances, he was rather attractive, not saying he wasn't now the attraction however was overwhelmed with uncertainty, and nerves.

I could see something brewing in his eyes,  with one long stride he closed the gap between us. I stepped back only to be met with the side of the house. He towered over me eyeing me up and down as I stared up at him wide-eyed. He didn't say a word as his large hand wrapped around my forearm, pulling me from the wall he dragged me toward the front of the house as I stumbled to get my footing behind him. He was gentle enough not to hurt me but at the same time hard enough that I knew fighting would make it worse.

Dragging me into the house I was met with prying eyes. The only pair I recognized was Caleb the loud mouth delinquent from school. They didn't say a word, I swear they hadn't even blinked as he pulled me away down the stairs into the darkness of the basement. 

"What... what are you doing" my voice quiet barely above a whisper.

He didn't reply as he pulled me into a separate room barely lit, closing the door behind him he kept his back turned to me for a moment, I could hear his breath becoming raspier as he stood there.

"You wanted to know our secret. Fine. you're so curious. I'll show you" He growled, slowly turning around.

A faint almost silent yelp of shock escaped lips as I stumbled backward the backs of my knees hitting a soft surface causing me to fall backward as I stared up at the golden animalistic eyes glaring down at me. I could feel my lungs and heart drop into the pit of my stomach, a hint of nausea waving over me. A rush of fear, terror, curiosity and pure adrenalin jolting through my veins.  I could feel my breath and body grow heavy as if I was turning to stone as I sat there.

People wrote about things like this, tell tall tails, the media made movies about it, history was filled with myths. No one ever believed them though, the stories of men becoming wolves. Yet here he stood in front of me, eyes as gold a pure moonlight, fangs protruding from lips turning more wolf than man. 

Part of me wanted to run and scream in terror, but another part of me, one filled with curiosity wanted to stay, to learn. The battle inside my head caused my body to freeze, not moving from its place. That was however until the door came flying open the lights flickering on, causing my self to flinch from the shock on my corneas. 

"Roman wait!" Theo's familiar voice caused me to open my eyes.

Arms outstretched much like a Theo blocked my view of the man known as Roman. A growl escaped Romans lips. One Theo matched with his owns, his long finger pointing into sharp claws. It was that moment I realized. It wasn't just Roman with a secret,  this wasn't just a house, but a pack den and I was just a weak human who let curiosity get in the way.  I could feel my heart pounding as my test began to tighten, I could feel my head start to spin the world blurring in and out. 

Panic had started to set in, the fear consuming all other emotions. Beads of sweat tracked down the sides of my cheek as a heaviness fell over my body It felt as if the bed itself was swallowing me whole. A buzzing sound echoed through my ears as the world faded into a void of black.