Secret shame

TRIGGER WARNING. I don't know if this is triggering or not but just a warning.

Y/N smiled as she walked through the bullpen to see Jake and Charles attempting to throw popcorn into eachother mouths but miss their target entirely. By the time she got to her desk there was popcorn all over the floor and desks but it didn't look like they were going to give up any time soon.

She shook her head and sat down at her desk, deciding it was probably better to start her reports than watch two immature cops throw food at eachother.

She was so caught up in her work she didn't even hear Jake speak to her until he was standing right over her with an expectant look on his face.

"what?"

"I asked if you wanted to come with me to get coffee" he smiles.

"oh, yeah sure"

The two silently walked out of the bullpen and into the chilly streets of New York. She smiled when Jake took off his jacket and draped it over her shoulder to stop her from shivering. The two conversed in friendly banter until they arrived outside the coffee shop. Just as they were  about to go in, Jake grabbed Y/N's wrist to stop her from walking but she yelped in pain.

"did I hurt you?" he asked as his eyes darted all over her body.

"um, no I-its okay" she said before she darted inside.

***
Y/N slumped back down in her chair and stared aimlessly at a spot on the wall across the precinct, fully aware there were a pair of concerned eyes on her but she couldn't bring herself to care. She didn't know what she was going to do, she needed help but she was too afraid of the consequences.

She flinched when the shrill sound of her phone ringing brought her out of her thoughts. She glanced over at Jake who was watching her with a worried expression before she walked to the roof and answered her phone. Her heart dropped to her stomach when her boyfriend answered, the one person she didn't want to hear from.

"hey babe" she said in the most enthusiastic voice she could possible muster.

"don't babe me, you were supposed to do a load of laundry before you left!" he shouted. She squeezed her eyes shut and tried her best not to  break down into tears.

"I-i'm sorry I forgot" she whispers.

"get your ass home as soon as work is finished, don't be fucking late!" he says before he hangs up. She let out a frustrated sigh before she turned around to see Jake leaning in the doorway.

"oh hey" she smiled before she tried to walk past him, only for him to gently grab her jacket.

"Is everything okay?" He said.

For a moment, she thought about telling him everything that was going on but then am Image of her boyfriend popped into her head and she decided against it. Instead, she smiled and nodded then walked over to her desk and buried herself in her work.

After a long afternoon of paperwork, it finally came time to go home. She glanced at her watch and shot up in her chair when she saw she only had 10 minutes to go home or she would be in trouble. She grabbed her things and mumbled a quick goodbye to her co-workers before she bolted down the stairs and into her car. She sped off as soon as she could, close to breaking all traffic laws to try and get home as fast as she could. Unfortunately, by the time she got home she was 5 minutes late.

She stood outside her apartment door and took a deep breath before she opened the door. As soon as she opened the door she was met with her boyfriend lying on the couch with a beer bottle in his hand.