Monday

This is how I feel BNHA should have gone down, though I acknowledge it to be excellent and will certainly write more fics based in that world, this is basically a rant in the form of a story.
Hope it makes you smile a little. I found it satisfying myself.
It isn't the best detail or quality, I just needed this out of my head.

"You don't have a fucking quirk! You worthless piece of shit! Did you make a deal with villains and take someone else's, is that how you won? You don't deserve to be here you useless waste of space! I'll fucking end you!"

Another day in class 1A.

The words of Bakugou's rant blurred together, intermingled with every word he had said over the last eleven years. And joining them, the words of everyone else who'd insulted or doubted him. This was the first time Bakugou had accused him of being a villain, once again, he'd crossed a line.

The green headed boy's head tilted down, his eyes hidden in shadow.
Bakugou continued his rant, oblivious, but Todoroki and Uraraka both stopped what they were doing.
Then Midoriya Izuku began to laugh.
It was not his usual light hearted laugh...nor a manical laugh - well, not really.
It was the dry tired laugh of someone laughing at themselves. A broken laugh.
It silenced Bakugou. It silenced the entire class, this was different after all.
Then he spoke. His voice emotionless and at odds with his words.

"If you think you'll have a quirk in your next life...go take a swan dive off a roof."

The class stared in shock and confusion, Bakugou froze.
"What do you mean, young Midoriya?" Asked All might.
Aizawa got out his sleeping bag, and gave the greenette his full attention.
"Deku?" Uraraka whispered nervously. "It isn't nice to say that sort of thing."
The boy in question snorted. Then spoke with such venom none could imagine him capable of.
"No...it isn't particularly nice, is it? Bakugou Katsuki."
They all turned to stare at the blond, the teen himself still as a statue.

"You know," Izuku's voice was still dull, empty, "that was such excellent advice that I followed it."

The red eyes widened.

"But life is full of ironies."
He chuckled a little.
"You wanting to be a hero...yet insulting and bullying the weak. My mum promising to support me, then abusing me after I came up as quirkless....You know the greatest irony of all? "
He paused to gaze deep into the...frightened? Oh that was new. He rather liked it. The frightened eyes of Bakugou Katsuki.

"Turns out no matter how hard I tried to follow your advice, I couldn't succeed."

Everyone stopped moving completely at that line.

"I hung myself. I overdosed. I slit my wrists. I jumped off a bridge. I leapt under a train. I even tried to offer myself to a villain but All Might just had to come and save me. If there was a dictionary of ways to end your life, I worked through them all. The fucking irony, that just when I wanted nothing more that to die and do as you first told me to two years ago, I developed a quirk that wouldn't let me."

The class stared at the 'cinnamon roll'. His gaze never leaving Katsuki's.

"And guess what? After that day, they kept rubbing it in! After you said it once, they all did! The flood gates opened. And I wanted to tell them, tell them so bad: 'Hey! I am trying my best to do as you ask...it isn't my fault! I try a new method everyday! But I am a worthless useless Deku after all, what do you expect?"
Izuku smiled sarcastically to himself.
"But I wanted to be a hero, so I said nothing. I've always had a habit of saying nothing. Smiling and ignoring it all. If I become a hero, everything will be okay."

Bakugou's face was drained of all colour now. He wasn't alone. All might's mouth was dry. Izuku finally looked up from the floor and with a now disturbing innocent Midoriya Izuku megawatt smile, he gave the finishing blow in the old Izuku's energetic voice.

"Though, I have to thank you Kacchan. With all the injuries you gave me, the teachers assumed all my injuries were due to you. Though after all you did for me, I am truly sorry I couldn't do what you asked, my mum even tried to help me do it."

Then Izukus voice shifted, to a confident and relaxed drawl.
"Anyway, I think I'm done."

"Young Midoriya, what do you mean?"

"I'm done colouring between the lines, looking the other way and being a good little Deku. I am done with a school that values strength above all, and never considers the value of an analytical mind. I am done with a symbol of peace that believes every problem can be solved by punching it, and doesn't have the caution to think before he crushes the dreams of children."

He sighed.

"Aizawa, I quit this class and this school. I am taking things into my own hands. As the only hero I respect, I thank you for your efforts, I would not have held out this long, if not for you. But it is time I use this quirk how I'm supposed too."

He made to move but seemed to remember something.

"Also, Kaminari, I'm sorry they never found you out, documents that'll help you rescue your family from the league of villains as on my desk in the dorms."

Kaminari let out a strangled half gasp, half sob. The class gazing at him in confusion.
Izuku didn't even glance at Bakugou as he moved to leave the room.

"Izuku. What are you going to do?"
It was Aizawa who spoke up.

The boy whose smiles had been the heart of this class, turned cold green eyes on his sensei.

"I have an IQ higher than Nezus. And unlike him, I am going to fucking use it."

He left, leaving the door to slowly fall closed behind him.

———

The teachers called a meeting.

Two hours later, Aizawa returned looking even more exhausted than usual.
"Aizawa sensei have you heard any news?" Asked Iida with worry.
Instead of answering, Aizawa turned to Bakugou.
"Bakugou you said that Midoriya lived with his mother and father and had a 'fucking charmed' home life...didn't you when I asked you earlier?"
"Yes I did." Answered Bakugou. He was very quiet but after two hours he just capable of talking.
"Did any of you know or suspect any different?"
Todoroki looked out the window, hiding his exasperation. The rest gazed back at the teacher blankly.
...

Sighing, Aizawa slumped into his desk.
"We seriously failed him, didn't we?"
Confused, Uraraka spoke up, "Sensei, what do you mean?"
"Seems his father walked out when he hadn't awakened his quirk by five, and his mother has been abusing him up until a year ago."

"She stopped?" Asked Tsu hopefully.
"No, she was locked away for attempting to murder him. He was homeless for the first six months, turns out he hacked the cameras so we wouldn't find out he was living in the broom closet by the locker rooms. For the last six months though, he has had his own apartment."

"How the hell did he cope with all that???" Asked Mina.

"Didn't you hear what he said?" Sighed Tokoyami. "He didn't."