FILE: XION.SAVEME

OPEN FILE?

OPENING...

─ the truth.

before you do anything after reading this, please don't blame my mother. if you're seeing this, please get her out of that house as soon as possible.

i guess it's time for you to know the full story about why we're here today.

my name is son dongju and i was born on the 10th of january in 2003. my birth father is gone. my mother's name is yeon ji-woo and she remarried a man named park ji-hwan in 2006 who almost made me take his surname, but my mother convinced him to let it go. it's one of the only things i have left of my birth father.

park ji-hwan is an abusive man. he lashes out at others when he is angry without caring for the aftermath. but i couldn't run away. if i ran away he would have no one to take out his anger on but my mother, and i won't let her die at the hands of a bastard like him.

my twin brother's name was son dongmyeong. when we were twelve,  one day he was playing with friends and broke a window at the front of the house. the bastard park ji-hwan beat the life out of him, and he went too far. this is the second reason why i have to stay. he is a rich man, the next chairman-in-line of the biggest law firm in seoul. he covered up my brother's death five years ago. if i die, he will cover up my death like he did dongmyeong's, and i will fade from existence with no way of protecting my mother. i cannot let that happen.

here are the things i have done to fix whatever i can fix.

1. document

this journal archive is a documentation of every instance of his abuse since the start of 2019. my posts on instagram, my highlights, my stories, they are all pieces of evidence hiding in plain sight that can be accessed by anyone. once you know the full story, the dots will connect themselves. bring this evidence to the police as soon as possible.

2. a lifeline

to seoho, ravn, leedo, keonhee and hwanwoong, your best chance of finding me now is through my best friend jeong se-yeon, the only other person in the world i trust with this journal. she knows the full truth, and though i've told her she can't do anything about it, she helps me in every way she can. seyeon knows my address, my friends and my life almost as well as i know my own, but if this letter has been released then i have been uncontactable for 3 days now, and she cannot find me entirely on her own. if you work with her, maybe you have a chance of saving both of us before park ji-hwan kills us.

if this really ends the way i expect it to end, then there was nothing you could have done about it. it was never any of your faults that things ended this way.

one day we'll meet in the clouds.

signing off,
xion