Lionel Messi- I Don't Want To Lose You (Part One)

Nature has a funny way of working. One second the sun is shining bright, not a cloud in the sky, then within mere minutes rain is pouring, dampening the mood and creating a depressing aura. Life, in a metaphorical sense, works the same way, as is the case with the relationship between Brandy and Lionel.

In the beginning, the sun was out, shining and glowing in the sky. The clouds were nonexistent, everything was all butterfly's and happiness. The transition from sunny to dreary was gradual at first, and then it grasped them so suddenly between its claws and crushed their beautiful relationship. Though, both party's are also to blame for their demise.

"What's been up your butt recently?" Brandy asked Lionel as he entered the kitchen. Having just woken up, he was clad in nothing but a pair of training shorts and a wrinkled T-shirt. Brandy, who woke up an hour earlier, was cleaned and dressed ready for the day, and began cleaning dishes so she could make breakfast for the two of them. That seemed to be the only balanced thing in their relationship anymore; eating.

"What do you mean?" Leo grumbled, taking a seat on her clean countertop. Brandy sent him a glare, but opted to ignore that issue for the time being. "You know exactly what I mean." She bit back, harshly scrubbing at the plate in her grasp.

Leo's behavior in the past month had been nothing short of weird. He wasn't as focused. He stopped planning romantically cheesy dates, he opted to spend many nights out and about with teammates, his words had a harsh undertone to them. He was acting... careless. They came as subtle changes to Brandy at first, she blamed it on the stress he was under, but then they hit her like a ton of bricks. Lionel noticed this behavior within himself as well, some of his actions were purposeful.

It hit him, one day as he lay curled up in the blankets with Brandy, that his feelings for her were much stronger than he could ever imagine feeling towards anyone. It scared him. He was still young, he had his whole life ahead of him, and was admittedly afraid of big commitments.

"No, Brandy, please tell me what you mean." He forced out. It was too early in the morning for him. Brandy turned around to face him, dishes completely forgotten.

"I mean you've been an absolute asshole lately." She snapped, wiping her hands on a nearby towel. Leo was taken aback for a second. Never had he known her to be so straightforward with her words. When her words did sink in though, he was... angry? He knew how horrible He had been, but for some reason it ate away at his resolve to hear her actually say it.

"I've been an asshole?" He snorted in disbelief, "that's rich coming from you." He hopped down off the counter to stand in front of her. She laughed, a cold humorless laugh and stared at him incredulously.

"What's that supposed to mean, Leo?" She snapped. He said nothing, instead glaring at her. "Go on, say it. You obviously meant something by it."

"I meant you've been quite a bitch too." He declared. Wait, what, did I just say that? He thought. Surprise rang through him, but before he could apologize, Brandy let out a surprised cry of her own.

"Oh wow! I've been a bitch? You have left me, every night, you choose your friends over me every night of the week!" She shouted before turning and stomping out of the kitchen. Suddenly, Lionel couldn't let it go. He followed her, through then den, down the hallway, up the stairs; the whole way they argued back and forth, each accusing the other of something completely ridiculous.

"You never want to come with me! You never accepted my invitation to come out with us, so I stopped asking! Not once have you asked to join, or asked me to stay home!" Leo rebutted. Stomping after her just as angrily as she was. Brandy opted to ignore him, and made her way down the hallway upstairs. "What's the matter? Cat got your tongue?" Leo sneered, once he didn't get her response.

She stepped into the doorway of their bedroom and abruptly turned to face him, "Bite me!" She snapped, slamming the door in his face; it missed his nose by an inch. He put his hand on the doorknob, but heard the lock click as soon as he went to turn it.

"Brandy, let me in!" He shouted, jiggling the knob furiously, "we aren't done talking about this!" He declared through the wood. Brandy ignored him, dashing around the room looking for the things she needed.

"Oh, so you're ignoring me now? Real mature." He bit, still jiggling the doorknob. Brandy sniffed and wiped at her eyes, refusing to let her tears fall. Tears are a sign of weakness.

She was in there for an hour. Leo continued arguing through the door for about fifteen minutes before he gave up. He was still there, though, making his presence known by knocking lightly occasionally. He raised his knuckles, prepared to ask her to open up again, when the door suddenly swung open, revealing a slightly less furious looking Brandy.

"Its about time you-" Leo started before getting cut off by her holding her hand up.

"I don't want to hear it, she said, shoving past him. He opened his mouth to argue back, but stopped. That was when he noticed the bag hanging off her shoulder. His eyes widened. "Wait! Where are you going?" He scrambled after her, down the steps, through the living room, into the front room where finally was able to catch her. He had her lightly by the wrists when she turned around. "I'm leaving." She said, answering his earlier question. His face dropped and his grip tightened on her wrist.

"No." He whispered. She nodded sadly at him and turned to leave again. He turned her back around

"No," he said again, with a a bit more demand, "please, don't." His sadness was evident; it was written on his dejected face, curled around his voice as he spoke, and felt in the way he held her wrist. She couldn't stay though, everyone had a breaking point, and she had unfortunately reached hers.

She shook him off and walked into the foyer, heading towards the door. Leo followed.

"Please, I don't want to lose you!" He begged. She turned around and gave him a sad smile, before she walked out and softly shut the door.

I'm afraid you already have.

Both party's were at fault; him because he was scared of what was to come, and her because she was too stubborn to let it go.

A/N: This is dedicated to ShineBright505 because she politely asked, and she's awesome. There is going to be a second part to this, I'm writing it right now, so hang tight. UNTIL NEXT TIME!!