Chapter 2: Little Touch of Heaven

Authors Notes: I'll be putting out chapter 3 soon enough.

Happy Birthday Zareth

Art by Scribs

Please Read and review

White Bird

Chapter 2

Little Touch of Heaven

"Danny!" Zareth called after her as he followed her around the fire house they now occupied as a home. It had been decommissioned long ago when something bigger, and state of the art was provided. It was actually just on the other side of the corn field where Danny saved Zareths life after being hit with the arrow some years ago.

"How long has it been now Zareth?" Danny asked him as she threw another set of clothing into a bag. She wasn't even folding them.

"I dunno...nine years I guess...well minus three years cause you weren't even around." He wanted to bite his tongue after that.

"Oh burn..." Danny pointed at him as they walked outside.

"Danny baby...you know I didn't mean that." He said. Danny turned back around and looked up at him.

"You did." She said clicking a button on her keychain. The large doors opened to show a car, and three motorbikes. One being Zanes that he road over here to see them. Accidentally bumping Dareth as he was vacuuming and dancing to music. Zareth bobbed back around and smiled at Danny as usual.

"Danny...stop for like...five seconds. What...What are you planning?" He asked. Danny paused for a moment pulling on her helmet.

"I just need to travel to wherever it was that I was created and see if this was real. I just wanna know." She looked up at Zareth. "I gotta know." she sighed tiredly and shook her head.

"Babe...I'm not trying to stop you...I just don't think it would be wise...to go alone."

Danny had a talent from the very beginning to read which person was projecting. She looked up at Zareth and smiled at him. This point was Zane. She honestly wondered what Dareth thought too. She sighed putting her head against Zareths chest and sighed. He always had that fresh scent of Sassafras on him. Almost like he bathed in root beer.

"Come on babe...lets go on an adventure. I mean... on who's going to mess with us now. Smooth sailing." Zareth ran off to pack his own.

A few minutes later Zareth popped out of the house and over to the garage. Two bags over his shoulders.

"Hey...you gonna call someone to watch Ottoman?" Danny nodded her head.

"I've already called Pixal. She'll be picking both Odis and Otto from school." Danny said climbing up onto her bike and smiled up at him. Zareth sighed and nodded. To Danny's slight amusement they both split.

"What?" Danny giggled watching her brother climb onto his bike.

"We never go on adventures with you individually." He told her. Bumping his bike into her playfully. Danny turned as she felt a soft peck on her cheek.

"Ah, this'll be fine though. No reason to worry. All we gotta worry about is getting there." Dareth told her.

How wrong they were.

(0)

The soft crunch of scattered dry leaves could be heard walking through the ghost town. The freshly shined shoes clicked the cracking pavement as he walked up to the now overgrown yard.

"Its been a long time..." The mans blond hair hung low on his forehead and you couldn't see his eyes to well. It was almost as if his eyes were beginning to go bad on him, So his thick glasses hung high on his face.

Slowly pushing the rotted door inward and watched as it fell to the floor. Slowly bringing up a lighter he looked around the room.

"Hey Hobbs...ever wonder how a tree knows to over take a house when it wouldn't when people live here?" He saw the very tall tree having broke through the foundation and the roof. He could look up through the holes.

"No sir." Said a blond man who was looking over the pictures on the mantle pieces. Each picture had surrendered to the elements. The moisture had gotten behind the glass and slightly messed up the framing, and melted pieces of the pictures.

"Its because plants communicate. One will whisper. 'Hey...it's safe here' and they all start to grow...its the same...with tech. One will whisper 'you can stay here' and the other will. They accumulate...thrive...and even...breed." He turned to look at the short man and chuckled. "She'll be coming...very...very soon." He chuckled.