Buzzell stream, Kendsukeag, 1985

Derry crumbled to dust, and with it, the terror that lived within. But IT didn't die. IT was dethroned and IT was left with no control over Derry. Anything built upon that place couldn't be damaged no more. But IT just drifted somewhere else. The Losers died thinking they had freed Derry and all children from the terror that haunted them, but only the first one was true. IT was weakened but not killed. IT could never die, at least until the Turtle found another way. In some way, IT defeated the Turtle and mocked and laughed at it. But in another, the Turtle had managed to take away ITs most precious posession: Derry.

Right now, the soft and silent river of the night drifted a sleeping IT. Some people around the river reported seeing a bright light coming from underneath the water, making its way, swimming towards the new unfortunate place. The authorities, obviously, didn't pay any attention. And who could blame them?

Evil drifted on the Buzzell stream into the Mud Pond. IT could turn anywhere, there were many sections were the streams split into two or more section, many leading to dead ends. But destiny has its way and IT drifted smoothly and determined, just like a paper boat from 27 years earlier did.

In the end, around 5am in the morning, IT came to it's destination. A small lake that was actually two small ponds called  the Etna lake. They were so called for the town near it: Etna. Etna was a small settlement with less than 700 inhabitants at the time. It was a very religious small town and people from other places didn't really lived there. And there, in that lake, would IT make it's home, waiting patiently for 27 years, 27 years in which he knew,  the Turtle would try to stop him. It had been so close to destroying him, he couldn't take any chances. 27 years passed and the people it Etna drank from that lake and without them ever knowing, IT began to take control once again. The settlement grew into a small town, fermented in the control of IT. The religious town of Etna began being corrupt, changes in the way people behaved, specially the adults, was changing, just like IT changed the inhabitants of Derry hundreds of years before.