||Alyssa||

"It's much easier to think someone's the answer if you haven't seen them for years. Because they're not really real. People can't be answers. They're just more questions."

"It's like we're on the edge of the world. Like we're safe. Only, we're not."

"A lot of the time you don't register the important moments in your life as they happen. You only see that they were important when you look back."

"Sometimes, James feels like a boy I could love. Like, really love. Then other times, he feels like a total fucking stranger."

"Give me your wallet or I swear to fuck I'll go and visit Liz, and Abi, and your weird potato baby and tell them what you like to do with teenage boys in toilets."

"I think he's properly beautiful. But he'll never start anything, so..."

"Sometimes everything is suddenly really simple, You step out and you see where you are, really clearly. You see yourself, and you think, ‘Fuck this shit."

"It's so weird when you've wanted something for so long, and you expect it to be shit, but it's not shit."

  "Maybe I'm gay. Maybe he's asexual. We’re dealing with a really broad spectrum these days."

"You can't just make people and then abandon them. They'll think they've done something wrong their entire life."