Act II

Where we get a glimpse of some preparations for The Day and we see more characters, some of whom meet and click.

                          ______________________

                                         Scene I

                                     Juliet Club

"This is so beautiful," sighed Lorna.

"What?" Cindy looked up from her stash of letters.

"Lorna!" Piper scolded.

Lorna tried to hide the piece of paper she had been daydreaming over, without realizing she was commenting out loud.

"Give it back, please."

"What?" she feigned indifference.

"Give it back!"

Lorna tried to play the innocent some more, but Piper just hovered over her desk unrelenting, her open hand stretched out, waiting.

"Ooh, alright," she surrendered, retrieved the letter from under the other ones and gave it to Piper, who just had to read the first line to know.

"Lorna, really?"

"Oh shit," swore Flaca. "Not again."

"I was just.... studying it, just to be prepared!"

Piper sighed, and put the object back to its rightful place: the lockbox. Lorna eyed it wistfully.

"You know there are copies if you need to consult it, but the original has to stay safe."

"Like she ain't done a half dozen copies for herself too," said Cindy, elbowing Flaca.

Lorna sulked. "Yes, but I just needed to get a feel of the original, you know, the actual paper he has used, the type of ink..."

"'Twas a squared paper sheet badly torn from a notebook, and probably a 30 cents Bic Cristal pen," Flaca whispered not so quietly.

At this, Lorna sprung up from her chair. "Oh, you're just... horrible, insensitive brutes!" and she made for the door.

Piper tried to stop her. "Hey, where are you going?"

"To make myself a coffee!"

"Oh, could you make me one too?" asked Flaca.

"NO!" and slam the door went.

"Ouch."

"Yeah."

"Girls," Piper started. "You know Lorna is very, erm, invested in this and -"

"No way, really? We hadn't noticed."

Piper glared at Cindy, and she shut up.

Flaca put her letter to the side, and looked at them. "We don't want a repeat of the Christopher affair, like... it's not good for her y'know?"

Piper nodded. "Yes, we should definitely try to get her to see things in the right perspective. But let's just be a tad kinder about it mh?"

Mh, Cindy and Flaca assented.

Now they had only been in town for a few months, Piper working on her Ph.D in Comparative Literature and the others on a scholarship. Piper had been drawn to the Club by a general urge to be involved in as many extracurriculars as she could; Flaca had just thought it would be nice to help out people with insightful advice; and Cindy had simply followed her along.