21 | Reunion In The Rain

Wet drops were hitting Halay's nose as she was pressed to the floor. Rain. It was raining. Her eyes couldn't help but flutter close as she inhaled the sweet smell of the forest air. It smelt like home, she was home. But that's when she felt an elbow in her rib causing her to look down to see Rose being squished to death by all her friends that had landed on top of her.

"Get off me." Rose growled in annoyance as she gripped the mud underneath her, preventing her from punching anyone.

Natsu was the first to jump up, everyone falling off him as he started to dance in the rain. "We're back everybody! Everything's back to normal!" He cried out in happiness.

"There's Magnolia!" Lucy pointed out as she stood up, everyone else following suit.

"We did it!" Happy jumped up and down in glee as a weight felt lifted off their chests.

"Wait, lets not get ahead of ourselves." Erza commanded as they all stopped to look at the almost nude red head. "We shouldn't celebrate until we know everyone's okay."

"They're just fine." A familiar voice echoed throughout the clearing. The group all looked upwards to see a swarm of Exceeds flying above them. The Fairy Tail wizard's faces dropped in shock.

"Tiger?" Halay questioned at the sight of the orange exceed.

Tiger smiled brightly as she lowered herself down to the group. "We got here a while ago so we checked on them for you. We decided to fly through town real quick. All your friends and everyone in town are doing great."

"When we talked to them, they didn't even know they had been turned into a lacrima." Another female exceed added as she flew round in circles, surrounding the guild members.

"Earthland is totally awesome you guys." A male exceed exclaimed as they all landed on the ground, all smiling and joyful at their new home. "They have tones of magic power."

"What are they doing here?" Carla questioned in anger as her eyes danced over her fellow winged cats. "It's not right. The Exceeds don't belong in Earthland. We cannot allow them to stay here. They're far too dangerous. They should return to Edolas."

"They're flying cats. What's so dangerous about them?" Halay asked the white cat as she offered her jacket to Erza who gratefully took it and covered herself up. The brunette crossed her arms over her chest to hide the large scar up her arm.

"Be nice." Happy tried to tell her.

"There home is gone so they have no where to go. I think that we should forgive them." The sky dragon slayer reasoned with a tense smile.

"No,"

"We apologise for throwing rocks at you lady. We're really sorry." An exceed spoke up, rubbing his foot in circles.

"This has nothing to do with you kids. It's her." Carla screamed as she pointed at the queen. "I'm angry because Extalia's Queen and her lackeys sent me on a mission to Earthland to kill the dragon slayers."

"I can assure you that she had a most honourable reason to." One of the four main exceeds that were surrounding the queen said, trying to win over the white cat.

Another of the four nodded. "I remember the moment vividly, it was six years ago."

"As I mentioned before," the first exceed jumped back in to explain. "Queen Shagotte has the ability to glimpse into the future. It is both a gift and a curse. One day, she saw Extalia fall. We now realise that Extalia was bound to fall through natural means by exhaustion of magic power. However, at the time we believed our homeland would be destroyed by the humans."