1: Sneak Attacks, New Guys, and Art Class

Chapter 1:

-- Lucy --        

            I had to move faster. Faster.

        I shoved my entire backpack in my locker, trying to get to safety before they got to me. My breathing hitched as the tell tale sneaker squeaks echoed down the hall. They were coming. Hastily, I slammed the metal door as they rounded the corner.

          "Get her!" They yelled simultaneously as I took off running down the empty hall. I turned at the corner and skidded into the wall, jarring my shoulder. I hissed as I pushed off the wall before picking up my pace. If they got me. . . I wouldn't like to think about that right now.

           I could hear several footsteps gaining on me as I tried to run faster. Dang it! I knew I should've worked out this summer. I only ran about two minutes and I'm already tired and so, so sweaty. Urgh.

           I felt a body hit mine from behind as we both fell down. 

          Thankfully, the idiot I call a friend turned us over so I landed on him.  

          "Oh good, you got her!" Brooke yelled happily as she caught up with us. She was like one of those people in a horror movie, with the shadow, and fog, and scary instrumental. But, there was no fog and scary instrumental. She was shaking a can of. . . silly string. No, no, no, absolutely no silly string! I started to wriggle on Noah's iron grip, but he laughed and held me tighter.

          "No! No!" I squealed as she let the contents of the can spray on me. Suddenly, I could feel the cold strings of the can on my face. I swear, I will get revenge on them for this. In a few minutes, my brown hair was all covered in red strings, even my clothes were covered in them. Practically the whole me. Brooke and Noah were on the floor, clutching their stomachs, laughing so damn hard.  

          "You-Oh-Oh my g-hahahahahahahaha!" Brooke tried to say something but obviously failed, her words were just replaced with laughter. After a good few moments, Noah and Brooke were beginning to regain their composure. Finally! I didn't know a person could even last laughing that long. 

          "I'm going to class. Talk to me when you guys are sane. If you people ever will be." I rolled my light blue eyes and hastily walked to first period, art. I struggled to take off all the contents off my hair, and my clothes. Totally not cool, dude. After cleaning myself up, I took a deep breath, then walked into class wherein a few students were already inside. 

          I sat down on the wooden chair at the back row, trying to stay under the radar. I can't help but reminisince on last year's surprise happy birthday sneak attack. It was like our tradition; Me, Brooke, and Noah. On my birthday, they would always try something on me. Yes, it's my birthday today. . Last year, they had chased me with pies and whip cream till we were at the principal's office, which was also exciting. This time, it was so fun and different, but minus the chasing-me-like-a-mad-person part. Well, a plain eighteen year old girl like me could use a little fun, right?  

           All of a sudden, a tall guy rushed through the door. Woah, what's the rush, dude? There's no horse chasing you to the classroom, now, is there? Whoopy, here goes my sarcastic side again.

           "Good Morning, everyone!" Ms. Peterson greeted in her usual, happy voice. She was a nice teacher in her thirties, pretty young looking for her age. I'm so lucky to have first period with her, she teaches very nice. I can say that I'm studious, I really am! I was already expecting a lot fun during her classes. Students loved her. Everyone did. And I did too. 

           "I heard we have a new student h-" Some girls at the front row shrieked before Ms. Peterson could even continue her sentence. Dramaqueens, I rolled my eyes. A tall guy suddenly stood up behind me, I only noticed him then that he was a new student. He had light brown eyes, blond hair, and one look; you could tell he was like a Greek god; Only better. He was utterly handsome, no wonder those girls shrieked that loud. He was the same guy who rushed through the door. I can't believe I haven't noticed he was this hot.