CHAPTER SIXTEEN

A/N:

Thank you guys soooooo much! 33k reads! Also, if you have any suggestions or improvements, please comment, or DM me.

Alyssa's Yule Ball outfit -thanks to everyone who voted!

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

* Alyssa POV *

Alyssa's slumber was disturbed by an excited squeal. She groggily opened her eyes to see Luna prancing around the room.

"Why are you so happy?" Alyssa asked.

"Don't you remember? It's the Yule Ball!" Luna said very enthusiastically.

Alyssa shot up out of bed.

She had completely forgotten.

"Gods...What time is it?"she asked.

"Ten o'clock."

The Dumbledore girl rushed into the bathroom.

Time Skip

As the beginning of the Yule Ball approached, Alyssa was getting far too nervous.

Why am I so nervous?

I should be excited.

I mean, I'm going to ball with Grant Stark.

There are so many girls who would kill to be in my shoes.

But, I really want to go with Harry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alyssa took a deep breath, and started gracefully walking down the stairs. She felt everyone's gaze on her.

She looked around the beautifully decorated hall, and spotted her date.

Alyssa walked over to Grant, and he led her to the dance floor, where they talked quietly.

A few minutes later, Professor McGonagall came over to Alyssa to ask if she was ready.

Alyssa was confused.

"Ready for what?"

"To dance. It's traditional that the three champions or in this case five are the first to dance. Surely I told you that," McGonagall explained.

"No, I dont think you did."Alyssa muttered under her breath .
Alyssa walked over to Acid and muttered sarcastically "I have to dance .. GREAT, and I don't even know how to dance ! Well isn't this day going great ?"

While Acid was talking to Ron , Alyssa whispered in her ear "Did he ask you to the Yule ball or did you just meet ? Just out of curiosity.."

Just before Acid could answer Alyssa pushed Acid into Ron . While Alyssa was chuckling to herself , Acid was mouthing something like I'm gonna kill you. The two love birds blushed and stood up. "See you later! " Ron said, his red face redder than ever.

"You just ruined my chances! I'll get you back Alyssa. You better be careful!" Acid said while looking at Alyssa as she chuckled and walked away to talk to Hermione.
Suddenly, Alyssa heard footsteps behind her. "H-hey Alyssa! Since we are both champions want to dance ? I mean I know you came here with G-Grant but we can still hang out ." Harry stuttered quietly.

This was her chance! "Of course Harry, I'll meet you there!" She quickly sped away to try and hide her red face.

In the distance, Acid stood against the wall staring at Ron so Alyssa quickly sped toward her direction. "Sorry Acid. Next time you see me with Harry you can push me over and ruin my chances as well, if you'd like."
"It doesn't matter anymore, Lyss. And guess what? Hermione told me that Snape had asked McGonagall out. Do you think that's true? Thats so gross! I mean ...." Acid stopped talking when Alyssa's eyes widened
"He's behind me .. isn't he."

"See me after the ball Miss Tail. Oh and 30 house points from Gryffindor for your incessant gossiping." Snape snapped," And Miss Tail, you would do well to keep your nose out of places where it doesnt belong," he said with a snarl as he strode away, his cloak billowing with every large stride he took.

"Well we got our answer," Alyssa giggled, as she said her goodbyes and walked over to Grant.

"Hey, do you mind if I have a quick dance with Harry?
Grant smiled before saying, "No, of course not."

"Thank you!" Alyssa said with a smile before she hurried onto the dance floor.