Plot

"Dahlia... why did you leave?"

Waking up from a dream sweating and eyes wide open. My dad busting through the door "my princess.. your up early?" I looked at him and started laughing. "Dad I'm not a princess. I'm a grown woman now" I get out of bed taking my pill the doctor described to me.

I have been diagnosed with Congenital heart disease my mom had it when she was a little girl but she died while giving birth to me I guess the heart wasn't strong enough, It's kind of sad how my mom left my dad and now I'm probably leaving him soon to.

Behind the door is my friend Zyana she has been very supportive and collective through my whole situation. her grandfather had the same disease, so she kind of knows what I'm going through. I smile back at her as she sat down beside me. "Sorry, College is taking a troll over me" I rolled my eyes "oh come on it was the first-day" Zyana sighs and slid off the bed "that means four more years of hell" I laughed at Zyana tactics since I couldn't go to college I poured all my hard work into getting Zyana into my dream college. "well suck it up, I did all that hard work for you to just complain about my Dream College" Zyana puts her hands up for surrender "Alright"

My dad comes into my room with breakfast along with doctor Allen "good morning, Dahlia I just came to drop off some news" my dad's face brightens up like Christmas lights I hope I have a match with a heart transplant.
The doctor hand my dad an envelope with paper in it

"I'm sorry Dahlia but the Congenital heart disease is getting worse and we can't find anyone who can give you a heart... we did blood work and you only have 3 weeks to live" Doctor Allen sits down next to me "I talked to your Cardiologist and were working on something, I won't give up" Dad sat the plate of breakfast on my table and walked Doctor Allen out.

"Hey, the doctors gave my grandfather the same news, and he made it past three weeks" Zyana rubs my forearm "yeah, but he's dead," I said through tears "because he had a heart attack" Zyana gets off the floor and hugs me.

DAVID P.O.V.

I walked Doctor Allen to the door "David, I will find something.. even if we have to go with the artificial heart" I closed my eyes and rubbed my forehead "you said last week the artificial heart might not work, I'm not letting doctor's play inside my daughter's heart" Allen raises her hand "I know that but we need anything to keep her alive" I sat down on the armchair near the door, "No Silvia! nothing is going to work" Allen jumped by the yelling, I quietly apologized to her "David, as a doctor the only thing I can say is 'be there for her through every step'... but I am your friend and I say, let me find a way to help her even if that means the artificial heart" Silvia spared me one look before she left.

Dahlia P.O.V.

Zyana had to go back to the college dorm before curfew hits. my dad walked back into my room "are you okay?" I asked My dad sat on the side of my bed smiling "Yes because we will beat this" I gave him a side hug hoping to erase the memory of this morning from my head.

AFTERNOON

After Dahlia and her dad shared their morning and planned hospital visits, she decided to go for a walk. passing the old playground Zyana and her friends always get drunk while Dahlia sits and watches, she notices a dark brown-haired boy sitting on one of the swings. writing on a notepad.

Dahlia was so memorized by the boy features, from where she was standing she could tell he has a crocked jawline and thin lips, his body was fit probably eats healthy or one of those gym rats, maybe he's poetic. Dahlia must have been staring for too long. as he lifts his head and gazed at Dahlia "Hi" he smiled at her.

Dahlia didn't know what to do at that moment, boy's didn't exactly talk to her in school. they see her as the sick girl that's going to die soon. Dahlia turned around making sure there was no one behind her he's talking to. which there wasn't, Dahlia mouth 'Me' as she points to herself "um, your the only one in front of me" Dahlia could almost die seeing him smile like that.

"I- um- Dahlia Miller" Dahlia was scared, she never had a straight boy talk to her in 2 seconds "Josh Brown" Dahlia slowly stepped towards the swing next to his. "Josh Brown.. like the Author?" Josh smiled at Dahlia nodding his head "sure- but relations to him" Dahlia sat down on the swing "what is it your working on?" Josh lift his notepad "nothing but failure" Dahlia slouch for a bit getting tired from the walk "it didn't look like a failure, from where I was standing. you smiled at the page" Josh was going to begin speaking when someone interrupted them "Dahlia!"

Zyana ran over towards her "God, your dad called. said you went for a walk and haven't come home" Dahlia looked at her watch 'Oh Crap- um... I have to go, it was nice meeting you!" Zyana pulled her friend away from the boy.

once they were far from the old playground and near the house "so you run away from home to talk to a hot guy?" Dahlia sighs "I went for a walk, I need to leave my bed" Zyana stepped in front of Dahlia "D, I get that you want to take a walk but you have to let at least one of us know" Dahlia nods her head.

Dahlia and Zyana returned to the house "Thank you god, where have you been?" Dahlia's dad ran into the living room noticing his daughter returned unharmed "I went to the old playground" Dahlia sat down on one of the couch armchairs "the playground is three blocks away. your legs are swelling I can tell" Zyana looked at the exchange Mr. Miller gave his daughter "she looks tired let me get her in bed" Zyana pulled Dahlia into her room.

Once Dahlia is in bed Zyana comes back into her room with dessert "Your dad can cook some mean chicken" Dahlia laughed "aren't you pescatarian?" Zyana whined "Ugh, college food is so much better than high school food, and you have to eat because they only feed you if you have money" Dahlia laughed at Zyana whining "{Gasp} isn't that the guy you were talking to?" Zyana looked out the window.

Dahlia removed the covers off her and walked over to the window "{Gasp} it is" Dahlia sat at the bay window she has in her room watching Josh pull into the driveway across from her house. "wow, he is Hot." Dahlia agreed with Zyana as they both sat at the window eating dessert off Zyana plate watching Josh get off his motorcycle. Josh must have sensed someone looking at him as he looks at Dahlia and Zyana through the window.

he smiled at them and wave. Dahlia quickly hid below her window "why are you hiding, a hot guy is waving at you. throw him a tit or something" Dahlia pulled Zyana down with her. "ugh he probably thinks I'm a stalker... he is still waving" Zyana peeked a little at the window "no he just went inside" Dahlia sighs and stands back up.

"wow, you were only gone for 4 hours, got a hot meal and dessert, and then a hot guy across from you... maybe I should go for a walk" Dahlia sighs "it's not like that, plus we were just talking. he probably doesn't remember my name" Zyana shrugs and plops on Dahlia's bed "well at least you got a hot guy to talk to you, check that off your bucket list" Zyana rolled over and closed her eyes "Goodnight!" Dahlia stared off into the abyss

'Bucket List'.

1383 words
Sorry for the absence on Monday, I had wor- you know what I'm not going to lie. American horror stories came on and I was busy watching the kissing booth. Which was very cringy and kid like show