Chapter 17

We were laughing and eating and cuddling for a few hours when we heard a branch snap. We jumped up and looked around the somewhat lit area. We couldn't see that much, but I felt that something was off.

Adrien stood in front of me and looked around cautiously.

I heard someone trying to get my attention from behind us. I turned my head around to see Marinette poking her head out from behind a bush.

I lightly tapped Adrien on the shoulder.

"Shhhh. There's someone there." Adrien whispered.

"Yeah I know but Mari's right there." I pointed out.

He didn't even look back to where I was pointing. Out of nowhere, I felt a hand go over my mouth and I was forcefully pulled from behind Adrien. My first reaction was to grab his arm, which got his attention. He jerked his head around and started trying to pull my out of my attackers grasp.

When I felt them let go, Adrien picked me up and ran into the woods. We found a hollow tree and hid inside the hole. I was so scared, but I had to stay strong.

"We'll have to stay here until morning. I don't know where we are and I'm not getting lost tonight. Go to sleep and I'll keep an eye out." Adrien whispered.

I nodded my head and pretended to be asleep. A few minutes later, I heard footsteps outside the tree. I could feel Adrien tense up and I knew he was alert.

The footsteps faded, and all I remember was Adrien's breathing as his breath lulled me to sleep.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up a few hours later to Adrien shuffling in his sleep. When I realized he was asleep, I went on full alert.

I didn't sit up because I knew the smallest movement would wake him up since he's got both arms wrapped around me.

I just kept staring around through the hole in the tree when I saw someone running towards us. I squinted but stayed still hoping they didn't see us.

I started trying to get up, but Adrien's arm tightened around me. He started mumbling words I couldn't understand.

The person stopped right in front of the tree and they bent down. I almost screamed, but I then noticed it was Marinette.

"What are you doing? Hurry up and crawl in here. There's plenty of room." I whispered.

She quickly crawled in and curled up in the corner, panting.

"Is everything ok? Why were you running?"

She held her finger up saying to hold up while she was catching her breath.

"Felix...he...found me and...was chasing...me but I...got away."

I nodded my head as I gestured towards the sleeping Adrien.

"You should sleep. I'll keep an eye out."

I didn't have to tell her twice. She laid her head down against the inside of the tree and immediately fell asleep.

I snickered at her as I continued to look out the hole.

I'm guessing the time is about 4 or 5am so I knew it wouldn't be long before sunrise.

I was really hungry, but I couldn't get out of Adrien's iron grasp so I'd have to wait until we leave.
——————————————————————————————
I stayed awake another 3 or 4 hours before Adrien woke up. He looked at the corner of the tree and was about to get up when I stopped him.