legend of link dying (maybe not ?) {legend of zelda}

With a heaving breath, Link fell to his knees before the beast before him. What once was Ganondorf, was now a misshapen form of malice and hate. Pushing himself up, he fought through the pain, remembering what he's gone through to get here.

He concurred the nightmares of the shadow temple, the sorceress twins from the desert, the great fire dragon in the moutain, the water spirit in the lake, and the corruption of the forest.

And he was still a ten year old trapped in a seventeen year olds body.

If he could do all that, he had to do this. For Hyrule, for Zelda. For Malon.

With a battle cry that made his throat ache in pain, he lifted the master sword and struck the beast before him, causing it to cry and swing at him.

Unable to move in time, Link was thrown into a pillar. He groaned, his visions in doubles.

Get up, get up!

As he weakly tried to rise again, the beast ran over and struck him.

Images of everyone he'd met flashed before him. Malon. Zelda. Saria. Ruto. Darunia. Impa. Sheik. Nabooru. Rauru.

And his world went dark.

Zelda watched as the hero of time died.

And as the beastly form of Ganondorf, destroyed Hyrule's last hope.

With a heaving gasp, Link sat up in bed, grabbing at his throat. He dug his nails in, gasping harshly.
He failed, he failed, he failed.

Beside him, Meira stirred, and with a sleepy voice, softly called his name.

"Link?"

Barely able to hear her, Link hid his face in his, now bloody hands, letting out shaking sobs.

Meira immediately sat up, scooting closer to him, "Link, Link, listen to me, listen to my voice.."

"Failure, I-I failed them, the-they died," He gasped. "I-I didn't do what they wanted"

Meira softly shushed him, hesitantly touching his hair, "You've saved the world. You make everyone so proud.."

"B-But-" Link raised his head to look at her, shaking harder. "I remember. I died. I lost," he whispered now, his gaze lowering.

"Am I loosing it?"

"No Link, you have multiple lives, remember?"

With a shaking nod, he leaned against her, closing his eyes. Focus, focus on her.  As much as he told himself, he couldn't do it. He couldn't just calm down.

He failed and Nayru would be mad, she would punish him, blame him for Hyrule's fall.

Meira took his silence as a sign that he was struggling, but she knew better than to push. Pushing could cause him to hurt himself. With a small wave of her hand, she healed the scratch marks on his neck, and gently began to rock him, petting his hair slowly.

Link let out a shaking sigh, and listened to her heart.

He may be dead, but she isn't. She believes in him, he didn't fail her..

{Link is a linksona, I just don't have an original name for him yet.
Meira is also an oc, though she is an oc of a close friend of mine :)}