Voices in the dark!

Her body froze...
                     Her heart seemed to stop..
and her brown eyes to to narrow.......           ...             All over again

.., so an ear-killing, high pitched scream to want to escape her mouth, that she could only barely stop a hair lengths before it would have hollowed through the whole cruel and sunless, empty Dungeon, by putting her trembling, cold hands over her freezing lips, the moment her narrowed, brown and horrified eyes had fallen on the limb, bruised and unmoving body of her best friend..

Serpine, whose pale body didn't dare to move from its crawled together position infront of the demolished, broken stonewall, away from the pool of crimson blood forming itself under it.
Too much for normal human, mortal or sorcerer to survive and that paled her even more, when she registered the sparkling, fresh blood still leaking freely through his left hand, which was, once desperately, shivering and strong-pressing pushed again this bony stomach, but was now nothing more, but loosely placed on top of it. Whilst his other hand was limbly weighed down by a barrier of grey-rusty metal covering his normally with a black-glove covered red Hand.
Just like his once in pain-writhing, heavy breathing seemed to be nothing more, but only a hallucination, that Valkyrie desperately hoped to be true.
As her eyes unconsciously got revealed to more and more of the horror, over each in slow-motion passing second.
His chest seemed to have stopped heaving long ago.
His torn clothes full of dirt, ash and dust.
Bruises and cuts all over this body from the brutal fight, they didn't even let him recover from.
And then his whole sluggish state, of what was once a strong, confident, thin-build body.

....tired,unmoving, fatigue and weak..

A picture, that caused her to black out everything that was still going on beside her, as she could already feel her shivering, numb legs carry her urgently to the devouring, rusty and cold old metal bars, towering themselves viciously over her.
While they mercilessly kept separating her from the inside of the grim, cave-like chamber and in the same time from the dying body of someone her trembling, watery eyes under her light-brown hoody didn't dare to move even one inch away.

Desperately waiting for movement........ A flinch..... a reaction or just a heaving of his even chest, that could prove her, that the time of the ticking clock hasn't already long run out, as her soft, smooth hands kept on unsuccessfully shaking and jolting the two stiff and solid bars her two palms clung on.

And continued and continued - her shocked, screaming mind not letting her stop - until a tear and a whimpering was everything her shivering body needed to snap out of its paralyzed state, when her two hands very slowly lightened its desperate struggle, 'till it would vanish into nothing more than miserable, light pushings. Whilst in the same time she could feel her own surrendering body sluggishly sinking more and more against the icy-metal of the only thing that still kept separating her from Serpine, as more and more hot tears escaped her burning eyes.
Before only shortly after, she had pressed her forehead against its stiff embrace, slight moaning-whimpering noises escaped her dry lips, that she hopelessly whispered inside..

Serpine..... Serpine! ... "

Words that were never meant to be received.
An echo, only the soft breeze of the, even here, uncomfortable, whistling  wind answered her attentive ears.

Precious seconds of pure silence, her Determination and hope seemed to slowly extinguish into tiny, fading sparks, as she slowly brushed her hands off the still solid and indifferent iron bars, before only then she depressingly, almost draggingly pushed her lowering head to the side of the sealed cell and would have not soon later let her buckling legs miserably collapse, if her watchful eyes hadn't suddenly fallen on the corroded, old and sealed lock of the cold jail.