Chapter 6 : BLYTHE

"Watch out! There's a hole!" Blythe warned but the goblin archer child still fell. It wasn't a deep one, so they all just laughed and pulled him back up. The goblins started running like they wanted to play tag with Blythe.

"Hey! Wait up goblins!" Blythe chuckled as she played tag with the village goblins.

"Hurry up, princess!" the goblin children giggled, waving at her from afar.

"You archer kids.. so.. fast.. wait up! Oh, I know!" She said losing her breath.

"Surge." she said as she extended mana to her whole body to increase agility.

Huh?

She wondered why the spell didn't work.

"Princess! Hurry Hurry!" The kids kept calling her.

"Wait for me!" She said running but was slowly losing sight of them and then suddenly, everything became dark.

Where am I?

It's so dark and quiet.

Blythe thought while looking around in a never ending dark space. At the very end she saw a figure.

"Goblin kid...?" Curious, she tried to follow it. The figure also ran as if it wanted Blythe to chase it. After a while, it stopped running away.

"Why are you... following me?" the figure looked back at Blythe. She looks so familiar. Blythe then realized who it was.

"You're... me." Blythe gasped as the figure who looked like her past self appeared before her and giggled then came closer to Blythe.

"Why do you look so tense? Is it because of those humans? Aren't you tired of being around them?" The figure whispered to Blythe who tried to catch her but couldn't. Instead, the figure looked like it was playing with Blythe.

"They've betrayed you in your past life, so why are you trying hard to be close to the ones who hurt you in the first place?"

"What do you want?" Blythe said furiously. Refusing to give in to what it's saying.

"Me? Oh, dear, I don't want anything. But you.. what do you want...Chisuke?" the figure continued to play with Blythe.

"I know what you want... and the only answer is... turn the whole human race into dust." the figure suddenly got distorted and turned into a shadow of a child she has never met before which terrified Blythe.

"We'll see each other again, Chisuke~" the figure said as it vanished into the darkness.

"Wait!" Blythe tried to catch it but suddenly fell into nothingness. She woke up sweating and her heart still racing.

Was that a dream? If it was.. it's too real to be one.

Huh?

On the side of her bed lays Taka who fell asleep. He was probably watching her the whole time. This made Blythe smile then she noticed, Kenny was also sleeping in a chair just beside her bed. She felt so overwhelmed that she forgot about the dream she had.

But wait. Where am I?

Blythe looked around and out the window.

T-This isn't anywhere near the dorm! Wait..

She thought to remember the tiny pieces of memory from last night.

"Blythe.. far from dorm.. everyone here...from Academy. Carriage to return..after 7 days.."

She sighed relief after just remembering those juggled up words.

She stood up from the bed and placed blankets on both Taka and Kenny. Thirsty, she got out of bed and tried to find water in the big villa.