Report Card

Maya Pov 

I walked out of her bedroom and went out to the Mathews living room. Auggie and Topanga were having a conversation. I walked up to Mathews. "You excited to break the news to me today," He chuckled. "Not me Maya." 

"What." He walked over and sat on the couch patting the seat next to him. "Maya you're in high school your report cards are in your homeroom at school and yours is biology." I wanted to jump for joy. "Well gosh, Mathews, I don't know whether to jump up dancing or feel bad." He nodded his head. "Go, Maya." I got up and started to dance, well more like just squeal while jumping.

 Riley walked into the room and seemed to be moppy still.  "Maya what's going on, did the mailman fall over again." I stopped my happy party and looked at my confused friend. "No, I just found out that your horrible bad advice-giving father is not giving me my report card today." She smiled and grabbed her mom's arm and took her in the other room I wonder what they're talking about. Me and Mathews both put up an eyebrow and roll around the house like spy's until we heard Riley's bedroom door close. We ran over and put our ears on the door.  

"Sweetheart what's wrong,"

"Mom, me and Lucas had the worst date ever." I looked over at Mathews who seemed to love this conversation. "But I thought you had a great time at the movies." 

"No all that happened was two unsatisfying kisses." Mr. Mathews expression changed from happy to puzzled and angry. "Riley why do you think that is." There was a moment of silence and then she said the sentence I've never heard before. "I don't love him." I slid down the door and stared at the wall. She had to love bucky mick boing boing. She fought for him and won. She had an epic love story with a nice guy. Corey was sitting on the ground with me. Except I think he was more mad about the kisses then the whole love part. 

I was about to go back to the living room when the door opened and I and Mathews got layed back. Topanga stood over use with anger and Riley looked frightened. Probably because of her dad. Riley helped me up while Topanga helped Cory up but then pushed him on the bed. She walked off with the strut and hair toss. "Riley were you serious about what you said. " We stared at each other for a while. Mr. Mathews just walked out of the room grumpy. 

We walked to the subway in complete silence. Riley stayed on the other side of the bus because Lucas usually took this bus. I saw him get on but he did the same thing and hid on the other side. What was happening? I stayed over with Riley and held her. Then I had a realization. "Hey, Riley remember when I was telling you about  the whole report card thing."

"yeah."

"well, I forgot to mention that they are given to us today." The reaction I wanted showed up on her face. "Really." She was beaming now brighter than the sun. "Yeah, Riles it is." 

We got to homeroom and saw Smackle and Zay making out. I was a little weirded out. Farkle and Smackle had broken up when Zay and Smackle had a moment. Farkle was broken for weeks and had distanced himself. But he was cool now. It had been like four months. I and Riley sat down and waited for the report cards. The teacher came in and looked around at us. She passed them out slowly and sat mine upside down I sighed and flipped it over.

 She passed them out slowly and sat mine upside down I sighed and flipped it over

I blinked and re-read it like twelve times. I flipped the paper back over. I did not want anyone seeing this. Riley showed me hers. 

Of course like always

Of course like always. She kept asking to see mine but I just told her that it was the same as usual failing. I don't know how I got these grades but there must have been a typo. I was about to ask the teacher when Farkle came up to me and flipped my paper over. "This is spectacular." He was happy but this must have been a typo. I grabbed his shirt well flipping the paper over. I lead him out to the hall. I didn't let go of his shirt well we talked. "Farkle it has to be a typo right."