Chapter 16

"Incendio!"

"Incendio!"

The four were trying to destroy the necklace Umbridge had been wearing. Liz had found out it was the reason for the golden trio their visit at the ministry of Magic. Liz had a lot of questions about everything going on but Hermione and Ron weren't keen on the idea of a Slytherin knowing everything, let alone Draco's ex girlfriend.

Harry was the only one to be a little sympathetic towards the Diggory girl. But Liz didn't mind if they approved to her being there or not. All she cared about was making an end to all of it.

After a dozen failed attempts of destroying the horcrux Harry got frustrated. He casted multiple spells but still didn't succeed. It was as if the object was indestructible. There wasn't much known about this type of dark magic, horcruxes weren't talked about much.

Liz hadn't even known about it before she heard the golden trio talk about it. She had spent the past months reading as many books as possible to find any useful information. Now that Liz knew Voldemort had split his soul in pieces and objects now contained those pieces, she knew exactly how difficult the task of killing the dark lord actually was, nearly impossible.

Harry grabbed ahold of the necklace placing it around his neck.

"What are you doing?" Hermione asked.

"We have to keep it safe until we find out how to destroy it."

"It's strange, mate. Dumbledore sends you to find all these horcruxes but doesn't tell you how to destroy them. Doesn't that bother you?" Ron spoke up for the first time in two hours. Harry sighed and walked away, ignoring Weasley's comment.

Liz followed not wanting to be with the two Gryffindors who didn't like her as much for any longer. She sat down close to the tent, her back against one of the trees.

She wondered where Draco would he, what he'd be doing and if he'd be thinking about her too. She could only hope he was ok; alive and breathing. If only she could see him once more.

She remembered their first real date, Draco was so different back then. He took her to the three broomsticks pub, ordered two butterbeers and awkwardly joked for a few hours. Liz never thought they'd actually work out because they were fighting all the time, from the first day they met. They were both way too stubborn. But eventually they would always make up somehow and find their way back to each other.

Just like the yule ball. Before hand they had been bickering about some snarky comment Pansy had made which Liz couldn't remember clearly as it was all Pansy seemed to do. But after the two of them dressed up for the ball everything seemed to be forgotten. Draco couldn't believe how unbelievably stunning Liz was looking in her long silver dress; in his eyes she was perfect. Liz froze in place at the sight of her boyfriend. A black suit surrounding his broad shoulders and tall figure, he looked unbelievably handsome. The two of them danced until barely anyone was left.

She missed him so much.

She must've been sitting there for quite some time when Hermione lit the campfire as it had gotten dark. Liz and her eyes met, still Hermione didn't seem too pleased with the girl's presence as she glared and quickly glanced into the red flames after.

Liz sighed before climbing up and getting inside the tent. The radio was continuously playing, it was slowly driving Liz mad hearing all the names of Voldemort's victims. She didn't seem to be the only one as Harry kept glaring at Ron, his eyes pleading for Ron to turn the device off.

Liz grabbed one of the books she had been reading about dark magic and took off, leaving the tent. When she saw Hermione wandering off with a suspicious look on her face she quickly followed.

"What are you—" Hermione cut her off by placing her index finger over her mouth. Liz knitted her eyebrows together but when she saw several snatchers walking up to them she knew exactly what she meant. For a second Liz had forgotten about the protective enchantment Hermione had placed and grabbed her wand. But the snatchers weren't able to see them due to Hermione's cleverness.

Liz tried not to move as she stood behind Hermione, looking over her shoulder at the male snatchers. One of them stopped just inches away from Hermione. Liz thought they were aware of their presence and tightened her grip around her wooden wand. After an intense few seconds of the man figuring out whatever it was he smelled, he walked off with the others. Liz let out a deep breath she hadn't realized she was holding.

"Snatchers," Harry announced as he walked up from behind the two girls "good to know your enchantments work."

"He could smell it, my perfume." Hermione sighed.

"We can't stay here, it's too dangerous." Liz exclaimed.

Hermione glared at her before looking back at Harry and shaking her head "Ron isn't strong enough to apparate."

"Well, then we'll go on foot."