Chapter 1: New Beginnings

"Do you think there is anyway you wouldn't have ended up here?"

"Maybe there was, maybe if my life didn't go down the path it did, I wouldn't be behind these bars, and stuck talking to a dick of a therapist like you."

"Well at least you're opening up now. Damn near three months you've been here and nowhere close to progress."

"Well what do you want from me? You want my life story? How did everything go downhill? Huh maybe write it down and tell the world?"

"Actually Brad, I'd love to hear your whole life story that lead you behind bars in Cubic Texas."

Brad was born in 1976 in a small town named Conesville in Ohio. His life did not start off on the right foot for having an alcoholic as a father at a young age, and stealing some sips while he was five didn't help Brad's case. He had an alright life throughout elementary school. He says once middle school came around his friends were smoking 'dope' as was he. But Brad said he stole his buddies to sell it which made him money. He said then and there something in him changed to a life of crime and selling drugs and doing drugs.

He said his first big job was his greatest first memory. He was only 14 and said that once his old man beat him that night he'd take the family car and rob something with his friends. He picked him up and their chats to the house of robbery was interesting.

"I remember this old bastard took my baseball and wouldn't give it back."

"Oh Tommy, we're about to get it back. My dad keeps a baseball bat in the backseat, we'll smash the old man's window."

"Man Brad, we make them all pay eh?"

"Yeah this world ain't fair to real ones like us. I promise I'll make it big one day Tommy." Brad laughed.

"You'll make it Brad, it's a new decade. 1990! You got 10 years to make you known in the 90s."

Brad said that Tommy was the greatest man he ever knew in his life. His dad's car was a 1978 Oldsmobile Toronado, it would also become Brad's first car.

"We could get jail time for this."

"I know Tommy but I could give two shits. We're doing this." Brad turned the radio up to get Tommy to shut up. They pulled up to the street which was nicknamed 'dead man's end.'

Brad shut the car off while the only thing illuminating the street were the yellow tinted house lights. Tommy pulled out a bag of chewing tobacco as they sat in the Oldsmobile. The snow made it nearly impossible for Brad or Tommy to see the house number of the old man.

"That's it right there Brady boy."

"Which one?"

"That one, with the shitty old Caddy."

Tommy nearly warmed up the car with his excitement, Brad reached into the back seat and grabbed a baseball bat.

"Tom, I'm going to grab the other baseball bat in the trunk and smash that geezers car while you get his windows."

Tommy listened and took a run for it, all Brad could hear was the sound of snow under Tommy's feet as he opened the trunk.

Brad got out and lifted the trunk open to a worn out baseball bat, an old reds baseball cap, and a big ol'e bottle of whiskey. Brad grabbed the bat, and the whiskey which he threw in the front seat. Brad ran up to Tommy who was standing behind the Caddy crouched down.

"What the hell Tom? Go smash his windows!"

"I was waiting on your go buddy."

"Well go!" Brad demanded.