c i n q u e

a week into this endeavour, you've been living under spinel's roof comfortably with her threatening you that she'll blow your brains off when you sleep.

right now, you're in the living room reading some one spinel's books with spinel on the other side of the couch with her reading glasses on as she also reads one of the books.

you eventually stopped reading and stared at spinel as she is focused on the book. you can see her eyes glistening under those lenses, then spinel turned her head to you.

you quickly opened your book to a random page and pretend to read. spinel raised her eyebrows, "ya know that i saw you." you mental groan "what were you lookin' at?" spinel lowered her glasses a bit.

you shook your head "nothin'." both of you said at the same time. "yeah, figured you'd say that." spinel settled her book down the coffee table and pulled her glasses down.

"are ya lookin' at these glasses?" she playfully spins her glasses on her fingers. "ya find me hot sugar? ya like me wearin' this for ya~?" spinel slowly crawls toward you.

you slowly backed up and eventually you hit the arm rest, then spinel pounces on you to make her top you. you can smell sweet strawberry on her, spinel lowered her body onto yours and leaned closer to your ear.

"no homo." then she jumped back, laughing her ass off. you looked at the gem and frowned, you fixed yourself and grabbed the book you were supposed the read.

spinel wiped the non existent tear and chuckled, "now now, don't be mad sugarplum." she extended her arm to rub your cheeks.

"are you really going to kill me?" you snapped, "ooh feisty~!" she teased, you rolled your eyes and went back to your book.

"damn, you really wanna be gone huh?" spinel opened the couch's cushion and pulled out a gun. she readied it and aimed it at you.

"i guess it couldn't be help." her finger is almost pulling the trigger but something is not letting spinel pull the trigger.

'damnnit just shoot her already!'

'no no no! she's too beautiful!!'

'oh hell no!'

'hell yes bitch!'

"ARRRHHHAAAAHH!!" spinel fired the gun onto the roof which made you jump. "the hell was that for?!"

spinel dropped the gun, she covered her eyes and leaned against the couch. she started contemplating her thoughts about what just happened.

"goddamn. . ." she mumbled, you looked at her and shook your head. you scotched over to her and just sat there awkwardly.

"hey, is everything okay?" spinel nodded, "why didn't you shoot me?"
"why do you want to be shot anyways?" spinel lifted her head to look at you.

you hung your head low and gripped the couch cushion, "i want to go. . ." you whispered, luckily spinel wasn't able to hear it.

"what?" she said as she leaned close to hear you better. you shook your head and back off since you feel like you're invading her space.

you stood up and grabbed your coat. spinel looked at you curiously, "what are you doing?" you turned back at spinel.

"i'm going back. i'll tell them i wasn't able to find you and they'll have my body into the nearest dump site so— bye." you went to the door, you were about the twist the handle but a stretched arm is wrapped around your waist multiple times.

you were pulled back to the couch, now in spinel's arms. you're in between her leg and she hugged you tightly.

"don't go. . ." she whispered but you're able to hear it. "i have to. you're my assignment, i'm supposed to kill you but what am i doing now." you tried to removed spinel's arm but to no avail.

"let me go." spinel shook her head and leaned against your back. you shook her off, you tried to squeeze your arm out but nope, instead spinel tightened it more.

you sighed and got tired, "why wouldn't you let me leave?" spinel shook her head again and pulled you closer.

"you can run away from that asshole. you can stay here!" you turned around to face her, "they will find me and murder the both of us." you said.

"but—"

"you think i didn't see the goons you shot a week ago?" spinel's mouth is slightly agape, she tried to say something but nothing came out.

"i can't stay with you. it'll be too much of a risk, me being with my boss' rival? that's too much dispute." you grabbed onto her shoulder and attempted on getting out of spinel's grip.

"let me go, you asshole!" you snapped starting to get irritated. "no! i'm letting you suffer anymore in that crooked place! just stay here with me and you'll be safe! i'll protect you if those mutts are after you."

"who's gonna protect you." you mumbled, spinel caressed your cheeks and your rubbed your head softly. "just stay."

you gripped her shoulders tightly and leaned against her touch. spinel hasn't removed her hand on your cheek so you leaned in and this surprised her.

she never thought you'd be touch starved. spinel slowly uncoil her arm to you and cupped your face. "what are you doing." you said as your mouth is pressed against each other.

spinel giggled and pinched your cheeks, "stay, okay?"

"i'll try."