Chapter 9: one day

Kenzie's POV

I ran to Maddie's room when I woke up.

"Maddie wake up!"

"Leave me alone." She mutters angrily

"I'm giving you my locker from Bapcha."

"You'd do that!"

"Well I'm sorry and I want you to have this!" I reply.

"Thanks!" She responds hugging me."

"I'm so sorry. I regret everything I've done. I miss you ignoring me, and your dirty looks. I miss the good times the most. Please remember."

"I appreciate the gesture, but I will never remember."

"Maddie if you don't remember you're going to go into a coma!" I shout. Her face was alarmed.

"What?"

"Some ghost did this to torture me and teach me a lesson."

"Okay I'm trying." She exclaims.

I just stand there crying.

"Don't cry." She comforts.

"This is the last day."

"What?"

"I meant to tell you it sooner, but I was scared you'd be mad."

"Well if you told me sooner I would be nearly as furious as I am now!" She fired up.

"How about I take you to our old favorite place and buy you ice cream."

She chuckles. Although she considers it.

"Fine. But if you think ice cream will make everything up you're wrong!" She yells grouchily.

We walk over to the the place I like to call View Point. It doesn't look like much, but the view and meaning is truly remarkable.

"What is this?" She questions.

"View Point. Look at the view." I exclaim in awe as I view the beautiful LA skies.

"Wow I never thought LA was this gorgeous." She smiles.

"That's why you loved it so much." I respond.

"I remember!" She yells.

"You do?!" I ask in excitement.

"I remember this place. I used to come here with someone, but I can't remember who."

"Me! It was me! Remember me." I beg. I can't believe we got this close and its game over.

"I'm sorry I don't remember. You said something about ice cream?" She giggles, still slightly disappointed for not remembering.

"Ohh its around the corner. It used to be your fav. We would get ice cream and watch the stars arise in the warm summer land. I even recited my poem here!"

"Interesting." She tells me, again disappointed from the lack of memory.

"Maybe this will help." I say pulling out a piece of paper.

"It's summer time, my feet is in the sand. Watch the stars arise in this warm summer land. I look at the skies down to the ground, and with that I know there's no better sound." When I'm done reciting my poem she claps.

"Wow Kenz you're a poet!"

"Thank you I bow. See I miss these moments where we don't care about what others think!"

I hear a construction thing go off from the distance.

"LEAVE AT ONCE!" a voice shouts.

I run with Maddie back towards our house. I look as the destruction of my favorite place takes place. The once beautiful sky land gone! The once beautiful sky brown, and the most beautiful of all, the gleaming ocean, was now too black.

"We are going to build a resort on the water, which we hope to be able to move." The man says. How can you move the ocean is what I wonder.

"Why would you do this?" Maddie cries. "How do you move the ocean?" She questions and then cries again.

"Draining." And with that we run. I didn't want to see the place I grew up in go down in bits. We run home to see mom.

"Hey girls I know you're probably sad about the destruction, so we are moving to Miami!" My mom informs us grinning. There's an awkward silence that's unbroken. Great! Now Maddie's going to be in a coma on the plane. This could not be any worse, or so I thought.